Post your set list

Trollbait

Roadie
I found this old band set list today while looking through old photographs from a hobby band that I was in during the 90's.

I thought it might be fun to see what you all are playing or used to play.

Attachments

• 0129241057_HDR.jpg
    0129241057_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
The only Metal like song we played was an original tune we called the Klingon Song. We played it when we wanted to clear out the bar.

Besides a few Jazz standards like Nardis, and Take 5, we covered some Al DiMiola, Pat Methany, Chick Corea and a few tunes from other Latin influenced and jazz artists.

After one Al Di Meola concert that my fellow guitar player ( doppelganger) and I went too, we told Al that we covered some of his tunes and he asked me if anyone recognized them. I said a few people did. I got the sense that he really wished his music got more radio play.

Of course we couldn't shred like Al and our band did have trouble finding work with that set list in a rural area where classic rock and country music was the norm. I wish we had the talent to play more Yes songs but I only knew parts of them except for "mood for a day" and another classical like piece from Tales of topographical oceans where the tab was featured in Guitar Player magazine.

Nice setlist Tb.

When my last band started out we played a bunch of MegaTeraSlayTallica until we got our originals going. Then the drummer knocked up his Wh*re that used to date his old bassist and he quit for family reasons. Not long after the bitch left him for a guitarist. She was really climbing her way to the top of the band food chain. Wonder whatever happened to that broad.

Oh well, it's the circle of life...

I recognize 3
"Al and Me" is a part original tune with the opening taken from a double stop guitar exercise on Al Di Meola's instructional tape. He also performs a song called "Perpetual Emotion" on that tape so that one was easy to learn by watching him do it and we added a chord section to improvise over. I think the video also had a tab book with it.

as we don’t play covers
That's great that you can all can compose and perform original music. Any link on band camp or elsewhere where your music can be heard?

"Al and Me" is a part original tune with the opening taken from a double stop guitar exercise on Al Di Meola's instructional tape. He also performs a song called "Perpetual Emotion" on that tape so that one was easy to learn by watching him do it and we added a chord section to improvise over. I think the video also had a tab book with it.

That's great that you can all can compose and perform original music. Any link on band camp or elsewhere where your music can be heard?

Sure! I’m definitely no Al DI Meola tho lol!

https://jawamusic.bandcamp.com/

https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Back