Positive Grid Spark Live

Lysander

Shredder
Official announcement is tomorrow, but you can get a glimpse of the thing by freeze-framing the teaser video uploaded today.

download.png

I think they was aiming for note-based musical feedback sustain .... but got microphonic pickup squeal instead .... surely they could have reshot this until they got it right :facepalm

Is it me, or 150w is a... weird power rating for a combo amp / PA speaker?

Really surprised to see it apparently has no mic input of any kind.

EDIT: Oh, it has a rechargeable 8 hours battery. Buskers might be really interested in this one.

Last edited:
Can't believe they went with the "REVOLUTIONARY NEW PRODUCT" marketing angle.

Nobody learned anything from Line 6 and the launch of the Amplifi?

I think that video is going to prove to be an example of truth in advertising. Not that it is what they were going for, more like a Freudian slip karma kind of thing…

My buddy got one of the Spark extension cabs for his Spark 40 and those things have some weird defects - he brought it to my house the other day to show me and while overall it sounds good and is loud, there's a weird low frequency rumble coming through the cab the entire time regardless of whether you're playing or not, and also if you're running reverbs in your patches the reverb mix is ultra low through the cab

He was complaining because all the youtube shills talked the thing up and after getting it and discovering the problems he googles it and finds that this is a Positive Grid-acknowledged issue due to the inherent design of the cab (in other words, they ALL do this)

I have a friend who is a great player and loves his Spark. I think it’s meh, but to each their own. I’m sure he’ll give it a look see.

An amp like this is useful to have around. But really it’s just a keyboard amp / PA speaker.

Back