Polled the hive mind on a trade…….and did what I wanted to anyway!

Do I trade Les Pauls for this guitar??

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kill it with fire

• It’s a Knaggs, so of course

• I’m just here for Steve Stevens

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hey, I saw Top Gun, too.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Bruce

Shredder
I RALELY trade gear, ever. My approach is I’m not on smack, don’t need the money so I tend to keep my shit for the long haul. However, after hanging a bit with THIS GUY last night…..

IMG_0985.jpeg

I saw a bunch of Knaggs guitars on display and got to thinking………I have like 9 Les Pauls here I really never even think about anymore. Was thinking of offering up my Heritage Burst Supreme and 68 custom reissue triburst for this Knaggs SSC

I’ll probably be doing the 80s thing for the foreseeable future, and I do like the finish. I already have a traditional SSC. I’m DEFINITELY not going to buy this, though. Would have to be on trade. The guy who owns the store is like a brother, I know he wont hurt me on the trade to the point I’ll want to give him more so there is no worry about value too much. Do I pull the trigger on this???

I'm an 80s guy generally speaking but that finish isn't tripping any trigger in that vein?

Stevens looks like he has a lot of foundation on, like all the way down his neck.

I like the finish on that Knaggs, also like their take on the LP body shape. I say go for it, if you're not playing the LPs at all.

YOLO.

Are your 9 LPs doing anything that Knaggs can't? Vice versa?
Welll…..No and no. However……my philosophy on gear is IMO it is worth a lot more to me if I like the builder. I love the guys down at Knaggs and generally dislike Gibson for a host of reasons, so. There is that, too. I can play the fvck out of any of them though.

Stevens looks like he has a lot of foundation on, like all the way down his neck.

I like the finish on that Knaggs, also like their take on the LP body shape. I say go for it, if you're not playing the LPs at all.
Probably the lack of lighting and what the auto correct did to the pic. Compare us two and you can probably say the same. Anyway, I have a LOT of video to edit for this event that will be forthcoming.

Welll…..No and no. However……my philosophy on gear is IMO it is worth a lot more to me if I like the builder. I love the guys down at Knaggs and generally dislike Gibson for a host of reasons, so. There is that, too. I can play the fvck out of any of them though.
At the end of the day, if you want it and can get it, do it. Life changes in the blink, so why regret not doing something like this that would make ya happy?

Personally, there's no guitar on earth worth that much money to me, but I also suck, so YMMV. 🤣

At the end of the day, if you want it and can get it, do it. Life changes in the blink, so why regret not doing something like this that would make ya happy?

Personally, there's no guitar on earth worth that much money to me, but I also suck, so YMMV. 🤣
Apply my 100% reaction to all of this but the last sentence :hmm:rofl

Money and talent aren’t really linear. I get this kinda stuff cause I like it. Talent doesnt deserve anything. You deserve it if you can pay for it. Plenty of collectors cant play for shit. Given that…..I will soon be a pensioner so unless the Florida music scene is REALLY good to me, I dont see many more 7k dollar guitars in my future, either.

Probably the lack of lighting and what the auto correct did to the pic. Compare us two and you can probably say the same. Anyway, I have a LOT of video to edit for this event that will be forthcoming.

I don't think so, you both look normal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, silly side topic, struck me as funny. He is a character, killer guitar player though.

I say go for the Knaggs! I'd love to try one.

Back