Pete Thorn! SUCH a Master.

This was from 9 years ago. Of course PT is always awesome.

Ingrid Bergman Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Anyone who did this for a living is a badass in my book-

He posted that to HRI back in the day and said something about needing to get far away from Chris’ wedges when that chorus came up because Chris’s voice would be blow his ears out. I’d probably treat that situation like Yngwie’s wall of Marshalls when I walked up, experienced it 10 feet from my face then got the hell away. :rofl

I watch a lot of Pete’s gear demos because I love the tones he dials in and have a ton of respect for his ability to write a little song that pretty much always has some great melodic content and could stand as a song on it’s own, but also effectively demonstrates the piece of gear, usually in multiple ways.

When I’m having dry spells of creativity and can’t write a single riff using a tone I love, I can’t help but respect the hell out of that.

I watch a lot of Pete’s gear demos because I love the tones he dials in and have a ton of respect for his ability to write a little song that pretty much always has some great melodic content and could stand as a song on it’s own, but also effectively demonstrates the piece of gear, usually in multiple ways.
YES! Couldn't have said it better!

I watched him do a Headrush demo, and I was thinking, How the hell does he put together such a cool little song like he does..., for a DEMO??

His well seems quite packed with ideas.

Anyone who did this for a living is a badass in my book-

He posted that to HRI back in the day and said something about needing to get far away from Chris’ wedges when that chorus came up because Chris’s voice would be blow his ears out. I’d probably treat that situation like Yngwie’s wall of Marshalls when I walked up, experienced it 10 feet from my face then got the hell away. :rofl

When I’m having dry spells of creativity and can’t write a single riff using a tone I love, I can’t help but respect the hell out of that.

That is so epic! :love

I recall Michael Beinhorn saying Chris blew up a few Microphones during the
recording of Superunknown---including a Nuemann or 3.

I also seem to recall Kim Thayil saying Chris developed a lot of the power in
his voice while singing and playing drums at the same time (as he was
Soundgarden's original drummer) without a PA when they rehearsed. :idk

So much for singing softly. :LOL:

I don't usually listen to instrumental albums because most of them I find kinda boring but Pete Thorn's Pete Thorn II is one of the few that I can. I think it's because it doesn't get samey like most instrumental albums. There is such a wide variety of styles that he can play.

Check it out if you haven't.

Back