Pedals into audio interface?

the swede

Shredder
It’s a subject I haven’t thought much about or tried before. But I’m kinda thinking about trying that at some point. Can’t really be any different than running pedals into a HX Stomp right?

There is that input circuitry thing I guess, things like Stomp has a great input and the digital tech responds great to things that is plugged into it. I have an Audient id4 mk2. Was a while since I used it because I got rid of most of my home studio stuff but kept because it’s always nice to have an interface lying around. But as far as I know it has a quite nice input at least.

In theory it should work just as good as pedals and Stomp right?

What are the possibilities with the inputs/outputs here? I don’t use monitors nowadays so can they be used to as sends? Like send into pedal and then back into the input?

I also don’t know if my Audients mic input is the same circuit as the guitar input or if it’s two different circuits and if that matters at all… maybe the mic input also can be used in some cool way.

Just airing my thoughts.

Last edited:
It’s a subject I haven’t thought much about or tried before. But I’m kinda thinking about trying that at some point. Can’t really be any different than running pedals into a HX Stomp right?

There is that input circuitry thing I guess, things like Stomp has a great input and the digital tech responds great to things that is plugged into it. I have an Audient id4 mk2. Was a while since I used it because I got rid of most of my home studio stuff but kept because it’s always nice to have an interface lying around. But as far as I know it has a quite nice input at least.

In theory it should work just as good as pedals and Stomp right?

What are the possibilities with the inputs/outputs here? I don’t use monitors nowadays so can they be used to as sends? Like send into pedal and then back into the input?

I also don’t know if my Audients mic input is the same circuit as the guitar input or if it’s two different circuits and if that matters at all… maybe the mic input also can be used in some cool way.

Just airing my thoughts.
Use the Audient’s JFET guitar input. You should be fine to do that.

Yeah should work fine - I used to run a pedal as a buffer with my old Focusrite that had clipping issues with hot pickups - just use the “instrument level” setting rather than line in.

Back