Paul David’s board

the swede

Shredder
Paul is one of those YouTubers I’ve been following for many years. Very likable dude. I mostly followed him during the years because he teaches, and he does that great and actually teaches good stuff… from basic to more advanced.

Anyhow… his pedal board is insane… gigrig sorcery stuff…

Yeah that's the direction I'm heading in too. I need more flexibility than Helix can provide me these days. Will keep it as a backup rig option of course.

I think it’s a different line between being a “cork sniffer” or some kind of a “show your stuff on forums” and being a dude that affords and actually can use the stuff in a great way…

I couldn’t afford all that, and I could certainly not play well enough to actually justify all that.

Maybe Paul is more like a Pedal playing Connoisseur of sorts :rofl

Like me and my worn out old couch that makes me look like i turned into my own grandpa… just need to get glasses, a pipe and subscribe to a real newsletter. And learn to majestically hide behind the newspaper pretending to read something very important to be able to ignore wife and kids…

Not there yet… but that’s my goal!

Bougie Board needs to be a thing. All credit goes to @Jarick .

And if you are running a Bougie Board then the Neck Shake form of Vibrato is inevitable.
Also, speaking in whispered/hushed tones about your Bougie Board will happen, too.

Oh hell yes. Vibrato comes from the shoulder and core, not the fingers or wrist. It's a whole body movement really. If you can't feel your abs getting sore after a long practice session, you're not doing it right.

I think it’s a different line between being a “cork sniffer” or some kind of a “show your stuff on forums” and being a dude that affords and actually can use the stuff in a great way…

I couldn’t afford all that, and I could certainly not play well enough to actually justify all that.

Maybe Paul is more like a Pedal playing Connoisseur of sorts :rofl

Like me and my worn out old couch that makes me look like i turned into my own grandpa… just need to get glasses, a pipe and subscribe to a real newsletter. And learn to majestically hide behind the newspaper pretending to read something very important to be able to ignore wife and kids…

Not there yet… but that’s my goal!

No SD1 or TS that looks like it survived a nuclear winter on its path to your board, but a KOT and Automatone = RedditBoard

I bet that board sounds amazing btw lol

1683149724453.jpeg

ABOUT DAT CLOUT

While I like Dan at TPS, I don't like his pedalboard builds. Rather messy and those Evidence SIS cables does comes loose eventually, like every other solderless solution.... Pretty much every "star" player having TPS boards built ended up having them rebuilt later on.... :)

Now how about Paul Davids beard?

That's a cool board but unfortunately these sort of videos ignore one aspect of it all: the pain in the ass that is programming all that to work together.

Then there's the expression stuff which is another "your imagination is the limit" type thing on figuring out good uses for it but it's often not super quick to switch what parameter(s) are being controlled and on which pedals.

I'm looking to add the Luminite Graviton MIDI controller to my "nearly all Strymon" pedalboard because it would simplify some of that work, if Luminite can implement some of the more pedal-centric features I requested. It quickly gets messy when you have to think about "which preset was which, which pedal was on which channel" stuff that is a total non-issue on digital modelers because you can see everything on screen.

I do love the way you can tweak each pedal on the fly, that's just so much nicer than trying to do any of that on the modelers and really helps me experiment with sounds. Modelers are built so heavily around pre-programmed stuff where you mainly switch between different sounds, which is how you want it for live use, but it also means that when you are just trying to come up with something, it can take you out of the zone to have to go through a few menus or use the computer to adjust your delay a bit etc.

That's a cool board but unfortunately these sort of videos ignore one aspect of it all: the pain in the ass that is programming all that to work together.

Then there's the expression stuff which is another "your imagination is the limit" type thing on figuring out good uses for it but it's often not super quick to switch what parameter(s) are being controlled and on which pedals.

I'm looking to add the Luminite Graviton MIDI controller to my "nearly all Strymon" pedalboard because it would simplify some of that work, if Luminite can implement some of the more pedal-centric features I requested. It quickly gets messy when you have to think about "which preset was which, which pedal was on which channel" stuff that is a total non-issue on digital modelers because you can see everything on screen.

I do love the way you can tweak each pedal on the fly, that's just so much nicer than trying to do any of that on the modelers and really helps me experiment with sounds. Modelers are built so heavily around pre-programmed stuff where you mainly switch between different sounds, which is how you want it for live use, but it also means that when you are just trying to come up with something, it can take you out of the zone to have to go through a few menus or use the computer to adjust your delay a bit etc.
Agree. It’s just too much to be justified both technically and economically (for me personaly). I prefer my simple way, using a smaller modeler that has the freedom of choices and combine that with a few pedals. After all, I’m just a homeplayer… there’s limits. Many people don’t have limits though :rofl

Back