Orange AD30 owners/how accurate the axe model?

Waiting GIF

Once again... I shall simp for Orange. They make fantastic amps, and I love my Rockerverb MKIII. The cleans on it are really quite nice, and they come alive when you use the attenuator to bring the level down so you can crank the volume of the clean channel... you get a nice Plexi-ish tone, but with an Orange twist.

I think it is their best amp personally. But I did try an OR100 in a shop last year and to this day I think hmmmmmmmm should buy another Orange.....

Once again... I shall simp for Orange. They make fantastic amps, and I love my Rockerverb MKIII.

The RV3 is indeed fucking awesome. I didn't care much for the older ones but I sat in on a gig where a dude had an RV3 and I just played through his rig and I ended up being impressed as fuck.

Thing has infinite gain; even just the clean channel with a strong boost up front was damn near death metal territory :rofl :love

Bummer! I really want to try a gained up Orange that originates in at least some part from the preamp vs. the power amp at sterilization volumes.

TH-series is your answer, in my experience. The AD30 only gets to Black Crowes levels of "gained up." TH-series
is some serious throwdown sizzle. :beer

I had an Rockerverb MKII 100 watter for a brief period of time. I tried gigging it one time and it was a
nightmare---for the reasons you described above. I couldn't tame the beast in an 150 seater. :facepalm

The funny thing is I can remember the amps that didn't work and I spent 4 hours wrestling with and
hating life more than the ones that gave me no sass or fuss. :idk

Man, I wonder if that head was mine at one time, @spawnofthesith .

I was going through my gear log and I sold mine in 2014 to a dude in Littleton, CO.

$825 shipped.

:facepalm

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 15-59-10 Sean Strickland sent you $825.00 USD - lonesomerust@gmail.co...png

TH-series is your answer, in my experience. The AD30 only gets to Black Crowes levels of "gained up." TH-series
is some serious throwdown sizzle. :beer

I had an Rockerverb MKII 100 watter for a brief period of time. I tried gigging it one time and it was a
nightmare---for the reasons you described above. I couldn't tame the beast in an 150 seater. :facepalm

The funny thing is I can remember the amps that didn't work and I spent 4 hours wrestling with and
hating life more than the ones that gave me no sass or fuss. :idk

The RV3 has a metric pissload of preamp gain

Back