Orange AD30 owners/how accurate the axe model?

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
So I tracked my bands EP this past weekend , and for cleans used an Axe III. Demoed several different clean channels and didn’t really resonate with any til the AD30. I was blown away, a. It sounded great modeler or jot, and B. Shat all over every other model we tried for me. Is that model accurate?

And AD30 owners, what can you tell me? Used to have a Thunderverb 50 that I loved the crap out of. I’ve tried some early rockerverb versions that I did not love

I’m partying tonight so apologize if this post is incoherent lmao

I really want to try a thunderverb but I've heard such mixed reviews. People either hate or love them

I really want to try a thunderverb but I've heard such mixed reviews. People either hate or love them

I had mine during a strictly doom/stoner faze. I thought it was amazing. Did not like dirt/fuzz pedals but you didn’t need it with that amp. Aside from that application I think it would also be great for indie or shoegaze or psyche rock

I sold it to a post-hardcore guy that loved it, so in guess that too as long as your tones lean towards the aforementioned styles

The AD30 is one of the only amps I miss. It's a super cool amp with
two different, yet similar, channels. Very unique approach. I like that
the cleans are not sterile clean-cleans. I used to run a few pedals out
front to get places the amp could not go on its own.

I have to say when I first used the Fractal I was stoked to see an AD30
model in it, and really dig it. :chef

Cool that you were so happy with the results. :beer

These things aren't even that pricy....

Meme Think GIF

So I tracked my bands EP this past weekend , and for cleans used an Axe III. Demoed several different clean channels and didn’t really resonate with any til the AD30. I was blown away, a. It sounded great modeler or jot, and B. Shat all over every other model we tried for me. Is that model accurate?

And AD30 owners, what can you tell me? Used to have a Thunderverb 50 that I loved the crap out of. I’ve tried some early rockerverb versions that I did not love

I’m partying tonight so apologize if this post is incoherent lmao
1. Party hard.
2. Buy an Axe III.

Dave at GGF had one for a while. I think they’re Jimmy Page’s Orange of choice too. I was seriously considering one when I bought my Rockerverb.

Back