One of those days I'm happy I have a Helix

molul

Roadie
So recently I saw that the latest Helix update came with a Marshall JCM-800 2203 and took some time to test it deeply in Helix Native.

For the first time I've tried every single option an amp+cab block has, even all microphones (I usually tried two or three). During the session, I decided to also review my current distortion (Revv gen red + 10-band EQ), and after 5 hours I've A/B tested my previous clean and dirty tones against the new ones, and gosh they sound so much better.

Previously, I was using a Jazz Rivet for clean sound. I wasn't too fond of it, but I didn't find any other clean sound I was happy with. Until the Brit 2203 appeared.

For the last few months, watching videos of my band's latest performances, I felt my guitar was too hollow. It was starting to feel plastic-y (not that much, but close).

Now both the clean and dirty tones sound thicker, and brighter but with some annoying treble frequencies finally out of the way.

For the first time I think I've been able to understand what I was lacking and how to dial it in Helix, and it feels so good. Now I feel I could totally record the guitar tracks of a great sounding album just with Helix Native. Can't wait to get my Harley Benton GuitarBass back from the luthier and do the same with it.

So yeah, this is one of many days I'm so happy technology has reached the level of products like Helix. And that there's Helix Native, which will always be the key selling point for me against any other brand.

And last but not least, this happened because of an amp introduced in the latest of so many updates this device has received.

Thanks, Line6!

So recently I saw that the latest Helix update came with a Marshall JCM-800 2203 and took some time to test it deeply in Helix Native.

For the first time I've tried every single option an amp+cab block has, even all microphones (I usually tried two or three). During the session, I decided to also review my current distortion (Revv gen red + 10-band EQ), and after 5 hours I've A/B tested my previous clean and dirty tones against the new ones, and gosh they sound so much better.

Previously, I was using a Jazz Rivet for clean sound. I wasn't too fond of it, but I didn't find any other clean sound I was happy with. Until the Brit 2203 appeared.

For the last few months, watching videos of my band's latest performances, I felt my guitar was too hollow. It was starting to feel plastic-y (not that much, but close).

Now both the clean and dirty tones sound thicker, and brighter but with some annoying treble frequencies finally out of the way.

For the first time I think I've been able to understand what I was lacking and how to dial it in Helix, and it feels so good. Now I feel I could totally record the guitar tracks of a great sounding album just with Helix Native. Can't wait to get my Harley Benton GuitarBass back from the luthier and do the same with it.

So yeah, this is one of many days I'm so happy technology has reached the level of products like Helix. And that there's Helix Native, which will always be the key selling point for me against any other brand.

And last but not least, this happened because of an amp introduced in the latest of so many updates this device has received.

Thanks, Line6!
Just followed the Spotify link you sig -- band sounds killer. Vocalist is great. Congrats on the tonal improvement!

My happy place with Helix cleans is usually just bumping it up with a real clean boost pedal. Current favorite is the Vox Mystic Edge into the Dripman model or WhoWhat 100, with either tweed 4x10, WhoWatt cab, or both. I also really love this pedal into the Pod Express Chime model. Add in another dirt pedal and it really works perfect for me on many levels. Just recently tried a Rivet clean preset in Metallurgy that was killer too, with the added Vox pedal. I feel like a good pedal (tube-based) livens up the sound in a pleasing way.

Back