Oh Whizzin, time to put your 2 weeks notice in!

I’ve seen those dudes live a lot, covering most of their career. Instrumentally they have improved dramatically over the course of their career. The reunion gig was the most full and cohesive they have ever sounded. In the Siamese Dream era it was more the energy of the moment carrying them, not so much their live sound and performance. Vocally I think Billy has sort of inverted with time. He’s improved live, but has gotten absolutely more grating (somehow) on the records. (To the extent I pretend anything after Zwan or a couple songs on Oceania, just don’t exist) Whereas 30 years ago (pains me to type that, time stops for no one lol) I thought his live vocals were terrible, but his recorded vocals meshed more with the spirit of the music.

Either way, love or hate them, they had a monster level of creative output during their first run, with a really distinctive tone and style all their own. Killer band.

I’ll make sure to include that in my pretend resume to them. (At least the second paragraph :ROFLMAO: )

I was living in Atlanta when they were cutting Siamese Dream and saw them at least 20 times all around Little Five Points and Virginia Highlands. Absolutely loved them back in the day.

From the interviews I have seen over the years, he is a big control freak, but did not grow up in a good or supportive home life.

Good luck to anyone who is applying for it. I definitely would if I was better.

I was living in Atlanta when they were cutting Siamese Dream and saw them at least 20 times all around Little Five Points and Virginia Highlands. Absolutely loved them back in the day.

From the interviews I have seen over the years, he is a big control freak, but did not grow up in a good or supportive home life.

Good luck to anyone who is applying for it. I definitely would if I was better.

He did a really cool cross-country roadtrip video diary he posted on Youtube several years back.

It was to retrace his roots, chronicle America, and also to help try and heal himself, because he realized
he was kind of shit in relationships and had just become an husband and father.

I enjoyed watching it. Kind of hipped me to the fact that even if we are self-aware about our issues it
doesn't mean they go away, or we deal with them in an healthier way. :idk

That whole series is worthy of a background viewing, in my experience. Just put it on and
do the dishes pantless, or whatever you all do around the house. :idk

He meets up with some cool people/cultures. Also gets Mr. Crankypants a time or two. :LOL:

I'd say don't confuse his vocal timbre with how you think he acts. Whether he is or is not that way. I can hear him yelling "rat in a CAGGGGGGGGEEEEEE" and that 4x12 flying by in a rare feat of strength :rofl
Despite all my rage I can still throw this 412 outta my caggggeeeeee...

Despite all my rage I can still throw this 412 outta my caggggeeeeee...
The Addams Family 90S GIF

Back