Oh no you didn't...oh yes I did

Cheap pedals can be so damn good :chef

It's crazy the quality you can get with some cheap pedals these days. I still get amazed at some of the pedals which can get sold cheaper than I can buy parts to build them.

A lot of times I've shot out some cheap brands against the ones I've built there's not a lot in it. Usually mine are a bit quieter with higher build quality but the sound difference is not any larger than parts tolerances would normally account for.

Last edited:
It's crazy the quality you can get with some cheap pedals these days. I still get amazed at some of the pedals which can get sold cheaper than I can buy parts to build them.

A lot of times I've shot out some cheap brands against the ones I've built there's not a lot in it. Usually mine are a bit quieter with higher build quality but the sound difference is not any larger than parts tolerances would normally account for.

I honestly like my Joyo Vintage drive better than any TS808 or TS9 I have ever owned, and I have owned many. It's not as stark in the mids.

I honestly like my Joyo Vintage drive better than any TS808 or TS9 I have ever owned, and I have owned many. It's not as stark in the mids.

As far as I've seen it's a straight up clone so the component tolerances of that particular pedal could give it a midrange you find particularly pleasing.

I fully support blatantly ripping off friedman products :clint

I had the be-od for a bit (purchased used of course) pretty cool pedal

I fully support blatantly ripping off friedman products :clint

I had the be-od for a bit (purchased used of course) pretty cool pedal
I had it also and this one is pretty close. Doesn't seem to have the mids that the real one had but putting a TS808 type drive in front of it cures that and sends it into something that could live permanently on my main pedalboard.

Back