Oh no you didn't...oh yes I did

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I typically avoid blatant ripoffs. Just because of the cheese factor but saw this one for 50 bucks with free shipping and couldn't resist. Been meaning to try this brand for awhile now and I figured this'd be a good first one.

1694786161902.png

How is it? I never seem to get what I want from Freidman stuff, although I hear others get there all the time.

@megametal7 drinks the FM Koolaid for sure.

Just ordered it this morning. If it sounds and works like the demos I have watched then hopefully I will like it. I had a BE-OD for a spell and though I liked it, ended up trading it for a 5150 OD.

Hope you like it. There are so many options out there these days, it's friggin' ridiculous. I'm done with new dirt pedals honestly. I have plenty good drive pedals, not to mention the hx stomp, that anything new in the pedal department would be overlap at this point.

Hope you like it. There are so many options out there these days, it's friggin' ridiculous. I'm done with new dirt pedals honestly. I have plenty good drive pedals, not to mention the hx stomp, that anything new in the pedal department would be overlap at this point.

I have like 17 OD's but very few high gain Dist/OD pedals. The ones do have are meh.

I have like 17 OD's but very few high gain Dist/OD pedals. The ones do have are meh.
I feel like I've done a decent job of getting a nice variety. I probably have around that number as well.
The only 2 I regret getting rid of were the Bogner Red (first run), and a Mesa V-twin.

I went looking for gutshots to see what it's like inside and happened across this little nugget of gold from the other place in response to someone ordering a Demonfx Freedman. :rofl :facepalm

There's a lot to unpack in this post, especially turning a Fender into a multichannel Marshall plexi :chef

Screenshot_2023-09-15-17-56-10-03_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg

All high gain ODs are meh. No exceptions. :idk

I gave up after rolling through dozens. Boost and up to medium gain (or fuzz!) is great in
pedal format. Once I got to high gain I just couldn't stand how pedaly/transistory they all
sound. Including the Friedman BE.

The best of the best I have tried were a Megalith Delta, and the Bogner Ubershchall. I didn't
keep either, though. Cascading gain stages musty be impossible to pull off in pedal form
once you get to 4 to 6 stages. That's time to pull out the tube amp or the modeler. For me.

All high gain ODs are meh. No exceptions. :idk

I gave up after rolling through dozens. Boost and up to medium gain (or fuzz!) is great in
pedal format. Once I got to high gain I just couldn't stand how pedaly/transistory they all
sound. Including the Friedman BE.

The best of the best I have tried were a Megalith Delta, and the Bogner Ubershchall. I didn't
keep either, though. Cascading gain stages musty be impossible to pull off in pedal form
once you get to 4 to 6 stages. That's time to pull out the tube amp or the modeler. For me.
I think the Vox Cutting Edge is quite versatile considering how much gain is on tap. Everything from clean boost to high gain. Having the nutube doing a portion of the gain staging helps a lot, especially in the feel and harmonics department.
I did like the big box Bogner Red, thought it felt really nice. I traded it and some other stuff in a moment of weakness though.

Oh no... you didn't say it. I was referring to your rave reviews and high praise of the MX5. If I recall correctly, the MX5 (for you)

took the top slot OVER the Fractal FM3 and the Helix LT..... :grin

Oh no... you didn't say it. I was referring to your rave reviews and high praise of the MX5. If I recall correctly, the MX5 (for you)

took the top slot OVER the Fractal FM3 and the Helix LT..... :grin

Oh I see. No I just like to have options. I have 6 pedalboards all in different configs. Some that work better for Marshall type circuits, some for Fender etc etc..

I do love the MX5 but it's a tool and it gets the job done great for me. If I didn't need diversity, I'd be gigging a Mark V 90 into a 2x12 of V30's and call it a day.

Back