Off topic kinda: Crown Power Amps

KingsXJJ

Roadie
Anybody use these for home theater setups? Results? Thinking about using the Crown XLS1502 to power my front two tower/main speakers.

This slightly corksniffery review suggest it would do fine. :)

This slightly corksniffery review suggest it would do fine. :)

Thanks @Blix ! This is exactly the information I needed. Appreciate the effort very much.

Class D is the future of amplification, a Technology that is evolving and making class AB amplification become obsolete
Look at NAD new Class D technologies

Denmark’s Purifi Audio. Purifi’s load-invariant design provides wide, flat frequency response, even into challenging loudspeaker loads. Noise, harmonic distortion, and IM distortion are virtually unmeasurable at all frequencies and output levels. Another benefit of the Eigentakt™ design is extremely low output impedance and correspondingly high damping factor

We may eventually see these technologies drip down to "FRFR" cab applications

:beer

Class D is the future of amplification, a Technology that is evolving and making class AB amplification become obsolete

Denmark’s Purifi Audio. Purifi’s load-invariant design provides wide, flat frequency response, even into challenging loudspeaker loads. Noise, harmonic distortion, and IM distortion are virtually unmeasurable at all frequencies and output levels. Another benefit of the Eigentakt™ design is extremely low output impedance and correspondingly high damping factor

We may eventually see these technologies drip down to ""FRFR"" cab applications

Nice!

We may eventually see these technologies drip down to ""FRFR"" cab applications

I'm genuinely curious about this, I have a class D NAD hifi amp myself and I think it's great, but I also thought the Seymour Duncan Power Stages were generally considered less-than their class AB counterparts like the Orange Pedal-Baby and Matrix power amps, which were considered less-than again to tube amps.

I'm genuinely curious about this, I have a class D NAD hifi amp myself and I think it's great, but I also thought the Seymour Duncan Power Stages were generally considered less-than their class AB counterparts like the Orange Pedal-Baby and Matrix power amps, which were considered less-than again to tube amps.
Like all things not everything is created equally you have Low Quality Class D Mid Level Class D and High End Class D

But cost wise, amplifier efficiency, low heat output (Heat is wasted inefficient energy) and weight will all play a factor in making better and better Class D amplifiers as NAD is now doing
Case in point --->

1721431424135.png

Interesting reading --->

Last edited:
Back