NUPD: JOYO Dark Flame

kartikg3

Roadie
16659584422824181972682094921364.jpg

Turns my humble Supro Blues King 10 clean channel into a roaring high gain monster!

What is it supposed to be? Mids knob is nice.

I’ve never seen that pedal…
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

What it do?

Apparently it’s a “modern metal high gain DISTORTION pedal, featuring 3-Band EQ and 3 types of DISTORTION, it’s ideal for both guitar riffs and solos.”

Yeah the documentation is abysmal. But, judging from YT reviews I believe this is Joyo's take on the Revv G3.

This was a very thorough review of it:

The knobs are quite sensitive and do a lot. I wouldn't call it "versatile" as in it won't do low to medium gain stuff very well as far as I could see (I spent only 15 mins or so with it), but for heavy metal / metal / high gain chug stuff (ala Tool, Metallica etc.) It does amazing IMO.

Yeah the documentation is abysmal. But, judging from YT reviews I believe this is Joyo's take on the Revv G3.

This was a very thorough review of it:

The knobs are quite sensitive and do a lot. I wouldn't call it "versatile" as in it won't do low to medium gain stuff very well as far as I could see (I spent only 15 mins or so with it), but for heavy metal / metal / high gain chug stuff (ala Tool, Metallica etc.) It does amazing IMO.

Good find.

I just love that they had just a single sentence on their website, LOL. But kind of refreshing that they didn’t say “the most realistic, powerful distortion in the world - analogly perfect!” :rofl

Back