NSD: New Speaker day

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
My favorite speaker not named a Vintage 30. I really love these. I don't think I have ever looked up what they resemble in the Celestion world but I am guessing G12 65. I got it for a Vox 845 wah straight up. Now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do with it. Possibly pair it with a V30 in my favorite 2x12.

342608066_928290105181059_169172754725922121_n.jpg

Nice , Keep on GAS'ing Bob :LOL:

I cant help myself. I think I got the better end of the deal. Not crazy about the 845 and I think I got that for like 40 bucks at a Music Go Round just cos it was 40 bucks and I wanted a spare wah.

I‘d like to try out some of their other speakers. One of my 2x12’s has their Retro 30’s in it, which I REALLY dig because they don’t have that harsh mid/treble spike. Particularly great for playing at lower volumes as it does a great job translating cranked up instead of hearing a bunch of frequencies you couldn’t hear at lower volumes.

I‘d like to try out some of their other speakers. One of my 2x12’s has their Retro 30’s in it, which I REALLY dig because they don’t have that harsh mid/treble spike. Particularly great for playing at lower volumes as it does a great job translating cranked up instead of hearing a bunch of frequencies you couldn’t hear at lower volumes.

I just replaced a V30 in a partial open back 2x12 with it and right off the bat it smoothed it out way too much, but a quick turn of some eq knobs brought some pleasant tones. Not sure at this point if it's going to stay in that cab but I don't hate it with the V30 at this point but I also don't love it. I do have a couple lower watt combo's I think I am going to try it in before I settle.

On the Retro 30, I have been wanting to order at least one of them some day. Only ever read good stuff about em.

I just replaced a V30 in a partial open back 2x12 with it and right off the bat it smoothed it out way too much, but a quick turn of some eq knobs brought some pleasant tones. Not sure at this point if it's going to stay in that cab but I don't hate it with the V30 at this point but I also don't love it. I do have a couple lower watt combo's I think I am going to try it in before I settle.

On the Retro 30, I have been wanting to order at least one of them some day. Only ever read good stuff about em.

My dad is always buying Amazon return boxes so he can spread it all over his house and give his wife anxiety while tripping over everything, he scored 8 of the Retro 30’s a while back for dirt cheap, I think I paid him $40 for both. I initially thought they were some cheap knock-off brand until doing a little research.

Hahahah for years I thought I had V30’s in the Line 6 2x12 I had, turns out they were the speakers that came with the Flextone amps, an early "FRFR"-kinda thing, which entirely explains why that cab sounded like sh*t with an actual amp powering it.

Haha! That's nuts. Have loved that Speaker for years. So versatile and sounds good
in a wide range of styles and settings. :chef

I can recall the mid 2000's when Warehouse first popped on the scene and you
could order them direct for like $29 plus shipping. Maybe it was $35. It was
crazy cheap.

I still have a few of the ET65s and in an old Palomino 2 x 12 I have an ET65/Retro30
combo.

The Creambacks have kind of captured my ear in the past couple of years, but those
ET65s I could be happy with and never bat an ear. :banana

I can recall the mid 2000's when Warehouse first popped on the scene and you
could order them direct for like $29 plus shipping. Maybe it was $35. It was
crazy cheap.

I jumped on it and ordered eight of their V30s and four of other one (Classic Lead?).

I only used one and still have the rest in their original boxes.

Last edited:
Back