NPD: Pinnacle Deluxe V2

Zod be sure to share your thoughts. I’ve had my eye on a Plexi pedal from them for quite some time…🍻
Well after a week or so I just can't really get on with this pedal. I've tried it with all different types of guitars and amps. It's kind of a flabby mess by itself. It does stack well though. Putting my sparkle drive in front of it really brought it alive but not enough for me to base a pedal board around it or anything.

I never liked it either. But I didn't want to influence you with my notoriously hard to please ways. :LOL:

I do want to try the Panama someday.

My fave Plexi-style pedal right now is the Bogner Blue Mini. The Mini has a sweepable parametric EQ for the Mids
and it sounds SO good!

FYI! :beer

I never liked it either. But I didn't want to influence you with my notoriously hard to please ways. :LOL:

I do want to try the Panama someday.

My fave Plexi-style pedal right now is the Bogner Blue Mini. The Mini has a sweepable parametric EQ for the Mids
and it sounds SO good!

FYI! :beer
Is that the Blue one Sweetwater was blowing a while back??? Let me know if and when you want to move it…
plotting federico pellegrino GIF by Rossignol Skis

I just bought a second Blue Mini.

One for lower-gain and one set a bit higher.

Am selling the Mini Red. A little too gainy for my old man ways. :LOL:

Last edited:
Do I get to be in the Bogner Blue pedal club if I just have the lowly original giant brick or should I go back to eating crayons?

Its hard to say with certainty how well the pedal lands the full Bogner amp vibe, and I’d never expect it to, but this thing effectively adds a second channel to my 78 SFDR. It’s not just “good for a pedal” either. If this amp came with a second channel that sounded like this people would lose their minds for it.

Cannot recommend the Blue pedal enough, V1 or V2.

I have had the Bogner Blue more than any other pedal. I bet I have owned the big daddy OG version
5 or 6 times. It's just a great, serviceable sound and feel in that box. A couple had the wonky switching
issue. And at times I didn't think it had enough gain for me.

Never owned the Mini and the OG side by side. The Mini with that ability to dial in the Mids is so
spot on for me. I kind of wonder if it has more gain on tap, too, or if I can trust what I remember
about the OG. I don't feel the gain is lacking on the Mini. Or maybe I am just getting older and
less gained up myself. :idk

I have had the Bogner Blue more than any other pedal. I bet I have owned the big daddy OG version
5 or 6 times. It's just a great, serviceable sound and feel in that box. A couple had the wonky switching
issue. And at times I didn't think it had enough gain for me.

Never owned the Mini and the OG side by side. The Mini with that ability to dial in the Mids is so
spot on for me. I kind of wonder if it has more gain on tap, too, or if I can trust what I remember
about the OG. I don't feel the gain is lacking on the Mini. Or maybe I am just getting older and
less gained up myself. :idk
At some point I will check out the mini. I’d love to free up the pedalboard space. The thing is once I got into a band context I found the boost to be quite useful. I’d love to have the parametric EQ but as it is the V1 mids pair nicely with anything I’ve put it through.

2 minis is probably the best option. Or 3…

That Blue OG is a looker of a pedal. :love

The Mini is not so much, but you are right, it does take up less space.

Number 2 arrived and I am going to work on how I want to set them up
so I can have low and medium gain options, and then boost either with
my SD-1 or maybe something else I have on hand.

This will be my last dirt pedal foray. Done is done. No really. It's true. :crazy

What pickups are you using? I've noticed if they are humbuckers with a fairly decent output voltage the mu-amp stages will saturate too quickly. You can see what i mean when you turn the volume control down on the guitar, it should remove the sag/saturation of that first gain stage.

What pickups are you using? I've noticed if they are humbuckers with a fairly decent output voltage the mu-amp stages will saturate too quickly. You can see what i mean when you turn the volume control down on the guitar, it should remove the sag/saturation of that first gain stage.

Appreciate the response. My main guitar is loaded with a Trembucker at the bridge and 2 duckbuckers for neck and middle. I've had a little better luck with X2n and Air Nortons. I tried my P-90 guitar also which has Bareknuckles but I cant remember the model. Bluesmasters or something. Not super hot.

Back