NPD- Lovepedal Vintage/Modern

DrewJD82

Staff member
997DF8C8-BD38-4F77-BBF8-646FD8CFD549.jpeg

This showed up Friday afternoon and I‘ve been too busy playing the Edwards to really even care. I sat down with it for about 15 minutes so far and I think there’s some good stuff to be had in here. Vintage side does the edge of breakup thing pretty well and the Modern side is a typical rock distortion, really thick sounding.

Lovepedal seems to have cracked the code at making thick, meaty distortions that work with single coils and make them sound like beasts. I’m actually really anxious to give this a shot with the Orville and the weaker PAF’s. I get the idea it can do that honky mid-range thing pretty well. This was totally an impulse buy and was more of a “Damnit, I missed out on all the pedals I DID want on this sale, so I’m at least going to get SOMETHING!” I opened my closet in my studio yesterday and had an avalanche of Lovepedal boxes fall on me. That’s it for dirt pedals from Lovepedal unless he does another Dover Drive!

Nice pedal! I was just jamming with one of these at a friend's house over the holidays. I feel like it nails the Purple Plexi tone on the modern side, but can also be a lot warmer and saggier on the vintage side.

I just received my shipping notification from Lovepedal. Waiting somewhat impatiently... :LOL:

Nice pedal! I was just jamming with one of these at a friend's house over the holidays. I feel like it nails the Purple Plexi tone on the modern side, but can also be a lot warmer and saggier on the vintage side.

I just received my shipping notification from Lovepedal. Waiting somewhat impatiently... :LOL:

Whatcha got comin???

Directly from the email:

"200lbs of GOLD - STEAL!
Mississippi Tchula - OC76!"

I was going to snag that Tchula. I’ve got the red one and love it but by the time I decided to go back and order them, they were already sold out. In certain rigs I could use that pedal as an always-on pedal without a doubt.

View attachment 3623

This showed up Friday afternoon and I‘ve been too busy playing the Edwards to really even care. I sat down with it for about 15 minutes so far and I think there’s some good stuff to be had in here. Vintage side does the edge of breakup thing pretty well and the Modern side is a typical rock distortion, really thick sounding.

Lovepedal seems to have cracked the code at making thick, meaty distortions that work with single coils and make them sound like beasts. I’m actually really anxious to give this a shot with the Orville and the weaker PAF’s. I get the idea it can do that honky mid-range thing pretty well. This was totally an impulse buy and was more of a “Damnit, I missed out on all the pedals I DID want on this sale, so I’m at least going to get SOMETHING!” I opened my closet in my studio yesterday and had an avalanche of Lovepedal boxes fall on me. That’s it for dirt pedals from Lovepedal unless he does another Dover Drive!

That's a good un there. :banana

His Purple Plexi circuit is too legit to quit. I love that circuit (Modern). You
basically got two time-tested and refined boutique circuits in one enclosure for
an $100 and change. That is nuts!

And his pedals react to adjustments made on the guitar (how you play, volume roll back,
pick pressure/intensity) like tube amps. Or as near as a pedal can get.

That's a good un there. :banana

His Purple Plexi circuit is too legit to quit. I love that circuit (Modern). You
basically got two time-tested and refined boutique circuits in one enclosure for
an $100 and change. That is nuts!

And his pedals react to adjustments made on the guitar (how you play, volume roll back,
pick pressure/intensity) like tube amps. Or as near as a pedal can get.

They certainly do. Even a cranked Dover will roll back the distortion quite nicely and do the edge of breakup thing. The biggest seller for me is how thick they sound, though. Most dirt pedals I ever played through, which to be fair isn't a sh*tload, weren't nearly that thick sounding. Basically anything I've ever played before made single coils sound like nails on a chalk board. With these I don't even roll the tone back, hell, with the Gilmour Strat I'm adding treble and they're just big ass sounding pedals. I can't remember if you turned me onto the SNS stuff or not, but I sure as f*ck am glad!

I’ve been through stashes & stashes & stashes of them things.
What seemed to re-surface was fizz at note decay.
The pedals sounded amazing but there’s always that artifact at the dismissal of my sound.
I finally said to myself:
“If you can’t fix’em?.. F*ck’em”
I went all out rippin’ shit up around town man
and realized pedals only get in the way & I have to remember to step on them to engage.
Look, I’m into James Brown type ‘a frontman lunacy🎯(seriously)
Character’s, risk taker’s, difficult to work with wonderkinds..throw’em all together and start rippin’ sh*t up.
Nothing lasts forever anyways not even our nutz!

Joey Jordison’s profile comes to mind as a glowing example.
Rest in BEAST JJ🤘🏻.

Back