NPD Black Country Customs TI-Boost

Boost pedals were something I never thought I needed. Till I needed them :bag :brick:rofl

Hahahaha yeah, when everyone was putting 808’s in front of Dual Rec’s and 5150’s I was doing the “These amps have more distortion than any other amp out there and you guys are putting a dirt pedal in front? Pfffftt…” until I finally tried it and immediately grabbed my ankle to pull my foot out of my mouth.

Hahahaha yeah, when everyone was putting 808’s in front of Dual Rec’s and 5150’s I was doing the “These amps have more distortion than any other amp out there and you guys are putting a dirt pedal in front? Pfffftt…” until I finally tried it and immediately grabbed my ankle to pull my foot out of my mouth.
MAN UP AND USE YOUR PICKING HAND!

Nick Jonas Dance GIF by NBC

Isn't it less about adding gain and more about those ODs lopping off some low-end and tightening the amp
up for the Chugs? I mean, they still add gain and make those preamp tubes scream for mercy. But they also
are like an Input EQ shaping the guitar signal differently before it even hits the amp. :idk

Last edited:
Isn't it less about adding gain and more about those ODs lopping off some low-end and tightening the amp
up for the Chugs?

For sure, but I wasn't aware that was what they were doing or how it would sound in practice. I was just thinking slamming the input of an already distortedtofuck amp would sound like pure mush and be way over the top distorted, but once I tried it and realized what it was doing I had a much different outlook on it.

Back