NOAD (New Orange Amp Day)

gearJunkie

Shredder
Thank you @paisleywookiee!

1000000719.jpg

Also found a matching 1x12 V30 cab on Reverb.

1000000725.jpg

Looking forward to my first Orange amp, which is also my first "low wattage" amp.

TheyNeedToMatch™ That's for @JiveTurkey 🤣
edit: link to arrival pix - https://thegearforum.com/threads/noad-new-orange-amp-day.3491/post-129430

Last edited:
You're welcome, and thank you! It's low wattage, but being class A really can get loud. However, IMHO it's one of the better master volumes too, so it's definitely usable in a quieter setting as well.

If it is a little too quick to get compressed and/or distorted stock you can put a lesser 'powered' tube in V1 on those and it is really sweet. Sorry it's been a while, can't recall the type but its a pretty popular mod you'll find a reference for it pretty quick I think.
That is one of the amps I wish I kept and know I'll buy again.

If it is a little too quick to get compressed and/or distorted stock you can put a lesser 'powered' tube in V1 on those and it is really sweet. Sorry it's been a while, can't recall the type but its a pretty popular mod you'll find a reference for it pretty quick I think.
That is one of the amps I wish I kept and know I'll buy again.
Thanks for the info.

I have about 10 different preamp tubes that I can roll through the V1 socket. Doug from Doug's Tubes hooked me up with a collection AX, AY, and YT preamp tubes for exactly this kind of thing. They are "leftovers" from my Triaxis & 2:90 retubes.

When I had the Musichouse,
There were CCV’s, Cameron mega-mods,
Larry Dino 939 & Rock Wizard,
Monster 2C++’s,custom Dual Rec F’s,
a sick AF Rev C, Every Orange under the sun,
Diezel’arama.. the Herbert MKII is the killing machine btw,
Elmwoods, FORTINS, 67 Super Bass, Wizard MTL’s,MCII’s, Mako’s, Peter’s, Friedman Naked,
Bogner’s & Bogner’s & Booger’s, Carol Ann’s,
Roccaforte Jenelle’s & custom crazy builds,
64 Box Top Boost, AC 15’s from hell..
When a rad guitarist would come over,
I always ran them through a Rockerverb II,
Especially if they had a cool style.
I’m still waiting on their new flagship amp
called the Julius..
When all else fails.. Orange it.

According to UPS, the cabinet from Sweetwater GearTree arrives today as expected.

1000000766.png

I may, however, get lucky and receive the amp head today as well, a day early. 🤞

Well maybe not "the force" or luck.

I spent $20 for an annual "My Choice Premium" membership with UPS so I can easily reschedule deliveries when I'm not able to be home to receive them.

One of the stated "perks" of the premium upgrade is that packages may arrive a day early. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless , happiness will ensue upon its arrival.

1000000761.gif

Actually I should note (kidding aside) that this amp (along with all my other gear) was happily stored completely isolated from my pugs, so there shouldn't be anything. If I let them near my gear, they wouldn't likely purposely damage it, however their hair gets everywhere.

The amp is pristine with a complete absence of pug, pubic, or any other kind of hair. :rofl

🎸 ➡️ AT Mod OD ➡️ RC Booster ➡️ 🧡 ➡️ Halo ➡️ :chef

RC Booster is always on, kicking in its second gain stage for the brootz, while using the AT mod OD to brighten up neck pup cleans and leads. Sounds and feels fantastic. It's a cool change of pace from the Mesa tones I love.

Back