NGD - Silver Sky

Got a couple modifications installed to be more aligned with the prototype that Mayer was playing throughout the last tour. A bit of Alligator inspiration. I've never had an active circuit on one of my guitars, but I'm noticing the Blaster is tough to turn off. Gonna be perfect for the Dead tribute I just joined. ;)

6RI9Cl1h.jpg

Plenty of room to stash the battery behind the non-floating bridge block. Using Velcro to keep it in there.
KbRy71rh.jpg

ykN5kWAh.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it's basically an active onboard boost, the little hole in the plate leads to a pot to adjust from +3 to +14db. I don't even have it set very high, but it's noticeable when you switch it off. Alembic says:

"When the Blaster is on, you get all the benefits of the field-effect transistor preamp like increased output and the ability to use the volume control on your guitar without it affecting the tone. Turn the Blaster off, and your guitar sounds exactly like it did originally. Located between the switch and the jack, a small screwdriver adjustable trim pot sets the gain."

I still haven’t had the chance to try one of these. I know exactly what you’re sayin’, @itchyfingers about PRS necks almost being painful. It’s why I didn’t feel bad about selling my SE to my buddy, I loved it at first but after getting a baseball bat neck on a Strat it felt so unwelcoming and very angular. Hahahah and when I sold it, I sold it in a hard case because I wanted to keep the gig bag! It’s too nice of a gig bag!

He is AMAZING! I'll hear him repeat back rhythmic patterns that I'm playing in my solo, look over at him, get a stick point and a head nod of approval, all without missing a beat. He's played with famous bands, teaches at School of Rock, keeps time like no one I've ever played with. I have no idea why he wants to be in our band, but he elevates us to another level of professionalism, and I feel blessed every time I get to play with him. 🥁
Man that's fucking KILLER!! It's SOOO refreshing to not only play with great players, but with ones who LISTEN to what's happening around them, then work to compliment that.

Awesome!

I like how it is fully decked from the factory
What does that mean?

Yeah, you'd think they'd be able to afford to do a slight redesign without the bar hole, and the 6/8 trem screws if they are forcing it blocked and decked? :idk

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd think they'd be able to afford to do a slight redesign without the bar hole, and the 6/8 trem screws if they are forcing it blocked and decked? :idk
Thats how the original model for John was done. They wanted this to be 100% identical to the original.

Back