NGD: Really excited about this one!

metropolis_4

Shredder
This is the first guitar I’ve bought in a long time just for fun because I really wanted it, not because it was practical or a tool I needed!

American Vintage II ‘51 Telecaster

It has all the things everybody hates, zero modern features/amenities, and I absolutely love everything about it
  • Big fat U neck
  • Sticky nitro finished back of neck
  • Tiny vintage frets
  • Only 21 frets
  • 7.25” radius
  • Heel truss rod adjust
  • Bakelite pickguard
  • 3 brass saddles with no compensation
  • No body contours
  • No heel contour
  • ‘51 single coils with no hum canceling
  • Flat head screws everywhere
  • Can’t adjust the neck pickup without removing the pickguard

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

Very nice! Congrats!! One thing I am confused about though is, on the bridge it indicates "PAT. PEND." which of course is for Patent Pending. Are they really still waiting on a patent that was applied for in 1951?

Congrats!!!

Outside of the fret size and radius, those were perfect off the assembly line in ‘52!

It looks amazing. From the specifications you listed I'm pretty sure I'd hate it. I hope it brings you many years of joy.

I’m actually surprised how good the intonation is with the non-compensated saddles

When I was looking at Tele's a couple weeks ago that crossed my mind; there's certain things about Fenders I'll always be a traditionalist about and that's one of them, even though I have zero experience with them. I was the same way with the Kluson's, turns out they're my favorite tuners next to modern locking Gotoh's. I just reasoned that if it were actually an issue, there'd be a lot less of them out there and I'm not willing to believe the amount of ridiculously outstanding players who have played Tele's through the years just went with "Eh, fuck the intonation, it's a Tele"

Man the vintage ii line of the white strat looks amazing to me. I've heard so many QC issues with the line though and it makes me hesitant

Awesome Met,, its so cool that you bought something that you love, not just a tool for work, there is some feeling and emotion with this purchase
May it bring you many years of enjoyment

:chef

These are great, can’t personally do the radius or frets but these are some of Fenders best reissues.

These are great, can’t personally do the radius or frets but these are some of Fenders best reissues.

There’s something about it I can’t quite put my finger on, but somehow it feels more like a vintage Tele and not just a new Tele with some vintage features.

It seems to have more of that “authentic” vibe than I remember the American Original or AVRI having

Oh that is nice :love

Congrats!!

Despite the incessant non-owner wining about this series at TOP, everyone I've seen and the one I got to try in person was fantastic

There’s something about it I can’t quite put my finger on, but somehow it feels more like a vintage Tele and not just a new Tele with some vintage features.

It seems to have more of that “authentic” vibe than I remember the American Original or AVRI having
They are nice. Better neck shape than the last version of the fat 51. They are pretty much a time machine guitar apart from the tint on the neck . If I was in charge I would have done them clear to literally be as they were.

Oh that is nice :love

Congrats!!

Despite the incessant non-owner wining about this series at TOP, everyone I've seen and the one I got to try in person was fantastic

Glad I haven’t been paying attention to the forum chatter, I didn’t even know people were complaining about these!

My guy at GC pulled this one out of the box for me, I played it for 5 min and that’s all it took to know it was going home with me. I have zero complaints about mine.

They are nice. Better neck shape than the last version of the fat 51. They are pretty much a time machine guitar apart from the tint on the neck . If I was in charge I would have done them clear to literally be as they were.

Yeah, I can see an argument for that for authenticity. From an aesthetic perspective though I’m glad they tinted the necks.
I always like the look of these Teles best when the neck and body are closer in color to each other

Back