NGD: LP

LOVE It!!

I like the black with chrome hardware, and those knobs on it look great with that color scheme. Enjoy it and rock it out!!

Thanks bro. Yeah I think I’m going to resist the urge to look for some black top hats and just leave them stock for now. The clear ones give it a touch of class. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As the resident leader of the LP fan club I’ll tell you I’m sorta blown away with the pickup config on this. Generally I hate splitting a humbucker unless it’s the neck doing cleans, but the BBP+ split on the bridge is fantastic. You get the cut, but without the bottom falling out. Great for post-rock kinda mid gain riffs. The middle position for cleans: :chef And splitting just the neck from the middle position adds another great flavor.

I also have no clue what the underlying mechanics are for the “out of phase” pull on it, but that is really cool too from either the middle or just bridge humbucker. There’s like 5-6 killer pickup configs on this thing.

Thanks bro. Yeah I think I’m going to resist the urge to look for some black top hats and just leave them stock for now. The clear ones give it a touch of class. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As the resident leader of the LP fan club I’ll tell you I’m sorta blown away with the pickup config on this. Generally I hate splitting a humbucker unless it’s the neck doing cleans, but the BBP+ split on the bridge is fantastic. You get the cut, but without the bottom falling out. Great for post-rock kinda mid gain riffs. The middle position for cleans: :chef And splitting just the neck from the middle position adds another great flavor.

I also have no clue what the underlying mechanics are for the “out of phase” pull on it, but that is really cool too from either the middle or just bridge humbucker. There’s like 5-6 killer pickup configs on this thing.
That’s awesome. My 2016 LP Standard T came with the push/pull splitting abilities and I enjoyed it. But then something in the circuit board failed, so I had my tech just convert it to traditional wiring. So now I no longer have one with coil-splitting and am always thinking I need to get one again for that variety.

That’s awesome. My 2016 LP Standard T came with the push/pull splitting abilities and I enjoyed it. But then something in the circuit board failed, so I had my tech just convert it to traditional wiring. So now I no longer have one with coil-splitting and am always thinking I need to get one again for that variety.

I loathe those Gibson PCBs. :facepalm

Unlike some, that's my only Gibson beef. :LOL:

All four knobs are push/pull for either coil split, phase, or bypass. Lots of combinations for each position.

zach galifianakis algorithm GIF by Product Hunt

What gauge strings do you guys use down tuning your LP? I finally tuned it to dropped C# which is my normal home base on my other axes. Little flappy for my tastes with .10s. Thinking of going to .11s. Curious with the LP scale length what you guys use at various tunings.

What gauge strings do you guys use down tuning your LP? I finally tuned it to dropped C# which is my normal home base on my other axes. Little flappy for my tastes with .10s. Thinking of going to .11s. Curious with the LP scale length what you guys use at various tunings.
Standard I go with 10’s. Keep an eye on the nut if you’re going back and forth with heavier and lighter string gauges.

Standard I go with 10’s. Keep an eye on the nut if you’re going back and forth with heavier and lighter string gauges.

Yeah the 10s have been fine for standard and dropped D. TBH they are ok in dropped C# just a touch to flappy.

Might try some of the skinny top heavy bottom slinky’s 10-52’s first instead of 11s.

Those are all I use for Drop-C and they’ve been great for almost 20 years, but lately, now that I’m playing regularly, once I’m warmed up the G, B and E strings feel like cooked spaghetti under my fingers so I might jump up to 11’s. They’d probably be just right at C#, though.

Actually, I might tune the Orville to C# when I get it tomorrow and just play A Perfect Circle songs for 12 hours straight. Still not sure what tuning I want to keep it in.

Those are all I use for Drop-C and they’ve been great for almost 20 years, but lately, now that I’m playing regularly, once I’m warmed up the G, B and E strings feel like cooked spaghetti under my fingers so I might jump up to 11’s. They’d probably be just right at C#, though.

Actually, I might tune the Orville to C# when I get it tomorrow and just play A Perfect Circle songs for 12 hours straight. Still not sure what tuning I want to keep it in.

I am confused now. I thought that was going to be your more vintage-leaning LP?? :idk

Such a Libran. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Back