NGD - HILS NEXT Headless - New Adventures Of New Mary Jane Mansfield

Alright,

I'll try not to be too long winded, while also covering the bases.

This is my first modern style guitar, and my first new guitar in over 10 years.

The whole idea of having a chance at the extra guitar that @Warmart acquired, let alone actually owning it, would have been ridiculous 2 weeks ago.

I thank him first and foremost, as well as those who passed on it, so I could get it.
The transaction was seamless and trouble free. I give him a 6 star rating, because he shipped it 30 minutes after I sent the payment...if only the USPS was that efficient.😝

The nitty gritty.

The guitar arrived in a nicely secured cardboard box, which contained the guitar in its own well padded and quality gigbag, with back pack straps...a nice feature, at no extra cost...I would say at least a $50-$60 value, if purchased separately.

Guitar was packed tightly in the case, and nothing moved.

It was in tune, surprisingly. And was very resonant....it shakes your whole body, where it makes contact.

There were no blemishes or defects that I could spot....and hardware appears to be at least mid quality...for the price, you have to expect a little compromise... somewhere.

I changed strings, setup, intonated, readjusted pick up height....then fiddled to reach lowest action without buzz, while getting as much output as I could from the direct mount passive pickups.

I'm still learning this guitar, and the more modern approach, but this is very promising.
The pickups aren't to my particular taste, but that doesn't mean they are bad....just not exactly what I would like, and I can't adjust the pole pieces as I would like.

The neck feels amazing, nice barely noticable satin finish, and very smooth. Fret access is also a non issue, as there is amazing access to the 24 fret neck.

Frets are good, big and polished. No edges, nice and rounded. Bone nut. 👍

The headless piece that clamps the strings is solid and appears to truly be titanium, which is a surprise at this price....the grub screws, are not...and that didn't surprise me. If I were to guess, they are SS. There were also, what appears to be brass inserts in the clamp piece, a nice touch, and extra effort....to be noted.

Thick rosewood slab on the fret board, which is different for me. The grain really popped out when I oiled the FB. It was very thirsty, so make sure you have some on hand. It will help.

Finally got everything dialed in, and it doesn't have as much output and clarity as my SG. But that has a lot of aftermarket components and electronics...so it is dialed in to my thing.

It is way too easy to play, and I have to calm down and relax, but it is great.

Tuning stability seems good, and intonation seems great across the FB.

If you want a light, ergonomic practice/travel axe....this will fit in the carry on of a plane, with room to spare.

I am more than impressed, and would recommend this instrument to anyone looking to experiment with modern guitars. For the price, I really don't know how they are doing this,with this level of quality..... because I've played a shit ton of budget instruments over the years....and this kills it. Period.

As warmart said, it should be, at least, a $1000 USD guitar. This is impressive for the money.

I will continue to put it through it's paces and keep updating for those interested in long term reliability and durability.

Ladies and Gentleman, Mary Jane Mansfield

Thanks again to all who had a hand! Including my wife😚

Also, this is my fur sister, her name is Sadie and she is 15. No she is not interested. 🤣

Screenshot_20240916-164307_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240916-164326_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240916-164339_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240916-164404_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240916-164416_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Woohoo! Excellent man, I don't see any way it could've gone betterer! :pickle :grin :banana :chef

May you love it long time! :beer

You were fantastic to deal with, utterly simple and painless! The way it should always be between fellow guitarists. :rawk

Congratulations! That looks very cool. I hope you're able to dial in to get the most out of the stock pickups with some experimentation!
Tried....just not my taste. Very even, which some may like....I just need more focus in the lower mids...and lows..... without overloading the signal... and with these, I can't. I'm going to get a used set of sh6 Duncan's and be done.

Nice review. Thank you.

I’m still considering a blue one.
Seriously, still love playing it. So comfortable and fun....
May just desolder a sh6 from my SG and try it in this ...just before I buy anything.....just to make sure that's " the way"😝

It's a bit of a pain, but could save me trouble....and sometimes it is not a bad thing to know what you Have...🤷🏻‍♂️

Back