NGD: Gibson Scale Partscaster

Sleezy E

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
So I picked this up locally a couple weeks back and I'm finally getting around to sharing it.. I think it may be the best used guitar score I've ever had.

It's a guitar mill solid ash body, 24.75" warmoth boat neck. Nitro finish on both.

pickups are Eric Johnson sig as well as the bridge. It's wired w/ 1 volume and 1 tone. The lower tone knob blends in the neck pickup when your in position 4 & 5. Or the bridge pickup in 1 & 2. So you can get a tele neck and bridge sound out of it.

Also came with a like new case

20240805_160952.jpg

20240702_210714.jpg

Here's my buddy Gabe jamming on it
20240802_210643.jpg

Gabe also pointed out, which I had totally missed, it has no side dots on it, weird.
20240805_160739.jpg

My impressions...
I logged a lot of my early years playing a Gibson so the 24.75 scale is weird yet totally familiar and comfortable. It came with 11's on it, which I never use, but they feel so right on the short scale that I've left them on.

The boat neck is crazy. At first I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it but now whenever I pick up another strat it's just not as comfortable.

The EJ pickups sound and feel amazing. After I took that pic of Gabe, we swapped over to my stock 2014 mim strat, no comparison. The EJ pickups blow it out of the water.

Oh yeah... $500 including case. The seller gave me the invoice for the warmoth neck.. over 4 hundo alone. I think I did good.

Last edited:
Nice! I love the EJ pickups, they’re some of my favorite Strat pickups.

I’ve always been curious what 24.75” would sound like on a Strat

So I picked this up locally a couple weeks back and I'm finally getting around to sharing it.. I think it may be the best used guitar score I've ever had.

It's a guitar mill solid ash body, 24.75" warmoth boat neck. Nitro finish on both.

pickups are Eric Johnson sig as well as the bridge. It's wired w/ 1 volume and 1 tone. The lower tone knob blends in the neck pickup when your in position 4 & 5. Or the bridge pickup in 1 & 2. So you can get a tele neck and bridge sound out of it.

Also came with a like new case

View attachment 26057

View attachment 26059

Here's my buddy Gabe jamming on it
View attachment 26060

Gabe also pointed out, which I had totally missed, it has no side dots on it, weird.
View attachment 26061

My impressions...
I logged a lot of my early years playing a Gibson so the 24.75 scale is weird yet totally familiar and comfortable. It came with 11's on it, which I never use, but they feel so right on the short scale that I've left them on.

The boat neck is crazy. At first I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it but now whenever I pick up another strat it's just not as comfortable.

The EJ pickups sound and feel amazing. After I took that pic of Gabe, we swapped over to my stock 2014 mim strat, no comparison. The EJ pickups blow it out of the water.

Oh yeah... $500 including case. The seller gave me the invoice for the warmoth neck.. over 4 hundo alone. I think I did good.
Man, that's a great deal I'd say. Glad you dig the Boatneck, it's my favorite profile too. It's hard to go back once you've had time with it.
Clip sounds great!

Man, congratulations. That looks awesome! I've been lusting after a thick ass neck like that for so long. I played an 80s Strat at a store years ago with a neck so thick I couldn't believe it. Within five minutes I realized it was the most comfortable thing in the world. I have big hands, so maybe it's that simple, that it just fits me better.

Sounds great in that clip. Great chord progression, by the way!

One of the first guitars I learned open chords on was my grandmother's 1940's acoustic that had a sharp V shaped neck

The boat neck has a (no so sharp) V shape from frets 1 to 5 and then starts to flatten out, pretty much a modern board by fret 12. 10.5deg radius fret board.

When you're ripping up top then drop back down to an open chord, that meaty chunk is the beez kneez. I have stubby fingers but a wide hand..

Congrats OP! Nice score!

I've been thinking about getting a Warmoth Conversion neck for my (2 humbuckers) "strat", since I'm digging the LP scale these days.

I have smaller hands, and I like the shred, so boat necks do NOT work for me.

That’s a steal! Beautiful guitar. Needs a tort guard though (disclaimer: I think 80% of pick guard equipped guitars need a tort guard).

Speaking of boats, is it a boat anchor, being that slab o’ swamp ash?

I've officially hit dad rock status by giving a fuck about neck profiles.

I've always embraced whatever neck the guitar I'm currently crushing on has. I never thought much about it until internet.

I recently realized that the majority of my guitars have radically different necks. I have multiple fenders, gibby styles, and a couple parkers..

I don't know if I can pick a fav tho. I enjoy driving cars and when I drive different cars I have different experiences. I think the same applies.. anyway.. I don't know where I'm going with this... here's a vid for @PLX that shows a pretty good example of a boatneck, from the turtle's themselves.

Back