NGD: 1995 Fender - return to sender

Achilles

Rock Star
Been watching this one a long while and the dealer just did a nice big price drop after having it listed for over a year.
Got in touch to confirm no stenches and to get some high res shots of the frets.
Guy was super responsive and cool. Doing a setup with a fresh set strings of my choice. (y)

(we got back most of our deposit on the old condo and since it's my b-day tomorrow... I had to do it)

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Confirmed the serial number on Fender's site: V072470 - USA made.
'57' has always been my favorite overall version of the Strat for some reason, warts and all.
My last was a Wildwood 10 that I'd put a set of Lollar Blackface in. Major regret selling it.

:(

View attachment 23460
yeah, you effed up on the wildwood strat.:bonk
But congrats on the new one and happy early birthday.:beer

Wow.

A '95 bought in 2024 is the same as a '57 bought in 1986. :oops:

Wonder what a first year model sold for on the market in 86?

Last edited:
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Dude sounded so legit and cool.
Guitar is the one in the pictures for certain but just about every word of his description is deceiving or greatly embellished.

Nice low action top to bottom my ass. Neck needs a big adjustment to get anywhere near there - warp.
And the bridge is currently set so tight it may as well be fixed. Who wants to mess with that on a 30 yo guitar?

DAMN!

Does suck.

Get a Warmoth Fender headstock "Vintage Modern" quartersawn maple neck with vintage tint; pick your fret type and size... and you can save the guitar.

Reactions: PLX
Wow.

A '95 bought in 2024 is the same as a '57 bought in 1986. :oops:

Wonder what a first year model sold for on the market in 86?
The answer is £699 in the UK and they changed the neck profile thick thin C V every two weeks between 86 and 95.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Dude sounded so legit and cool.
Guitar is the one in the pictures for certain but just about every word of his description is deceiving or greatly embellished.

Nice low action top to bottom my ass. Neck needs a big adjustment to get anywhere near there - warp.
And the bridge is currently set so tight it may as well be fixed. Who wants to mess with that on a 30 yo guitar?

DAMN!
The truss rod needs to get the relief to almost nothing or you will never get a reasonable action on a 7.25" No reason why it shouldn't work perfectly though. I see far more problems on 60's style vintage rod installations than the skunk stripe type. It will probably be tight though and it would be an idea to remove the nut and lube the thread before you start. You can also clamp up the neck straight before you tighten the rod for paranoia .

Back