NFWD: Gruv Gear Fret Wrap - Maple Wood

I used to have all my strings sticking up like an antenna farm!

But these days I cut them off as I am changing... About every 2 strings.

They can definitely contribute noise.

On another note, am I the only one questioning the string tree placement? That looks weird to me...

Although what I see of the rest of the guitar looks cool!

Update: just got the cheapo fret wraps and they suck a$$. Don't do the job. Returning. The Gruv Gear one worked great. The real reason I didn't order black was because Amazon didn't have one in stock. But my local music store has one, so I am going to get off my lazy-a$$ and get one, and it's $15. Worth it.

Works just fine.. what would be the ideal placement? Mine have no buzzing or pitch/tune issues
Not saying there is anything wrong with it, they're just placed differently than most guitars I've seen.

Typically the B / E is further down the headstock than the G / D and also both placed further down.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it, they're just placed differently than most guitars I've seen.

Typically the B / E is further down the headstock than the G / D and also both placed further down.
TBH I never knew what they were for until I read your post the other day and decided to look into their purpose. Thanks!

Back