NFWD: Gruv Gear Fret Wrap - Maple Wood

kartikg3

Roadie
1000038362.png

1000038361.png

Had to get the maple wood colour one to match my guitar. Originally got it to play and practice 2-handed tapped chords and arpeggios (ala Midnight/Day at the Beach by Satch), but it sounds great with regular playing as well when slid behind the nut.

Didn't know those behind-the-nit strong portions were adding so much to the noise/unwanted overtone content in my playing. I am cognizant of my left fret-hand muting techniques while playing single note stuff, but I was silently suffering from overtones apparently, probably because I tend to pick hard frequently.

Ok I'll be that guy; your "maple" fret-wrap looks like a poop-stained white one, sorry :p

:sofa

Why you do that, now I can't unsee it in the pic. I ll go see if it looks like that in person again tomorrow

OK and off to the returns-land it goes. Ordered a pair of cheap-brand orange-coloured ones. 2 for $11. Pics to come in 2 days when I get them delivered. Thanks a lot for saving me the money (the Gruv Gear ONE was $24) and possible future embarrassment @Blix

Ok I'll be that guy; your "maple" fret-wrap looks like a poop-stained white one, sorry :p

:sofa
"How did your white fret-wrap get so dirty?" "Well, ever played guitar on the toilet and the paper ran out?". Sorry for that, I am juvenile.

Tell us how the cheap ones compare to the Gear Gruv. I myself have a cheap Harley Benton wrap bc I just couldn't shell out 20+$€ for such a thing. But maybe it's worth the price in the end?

Posts about a new fret wrap while also showing uncut strings just dangling there. Also look at those string wraps. WOW Classic.

:facepalm

Last edited:
Posts about a new fret wrap while also showing uncut strings just dangling there. Also look at those string wraps. WOW Classic.

:facepalm
Also what's your point? Please elaborate so I can possibly learn something. Would dangling uncut strings affect something even if they are not touching the vibrating segment? Or does the aesthetics of it bother you? Please enlighten what's so "classic" about it please.

Also what's your point? Please elaborate so I can possibly learn something. Would dangling uncut strings affect something even if they are not touching the vibrating segment? Or does the aesthetics of it bother you? Please enlighten what's so "classic" about it please.

I think he's just being a jerk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OK and off to the returns-land it goes. Ordered a pair of cheap-brand orange-coloured ones. 2 for $11. Pics to come in 2 days when I get them delivered. Thanks a lot for saving me the money (the Gruv Gear ONE was $24) and possible future embarrassment @Blix
Haha good! Good lord they are expensive now, I think I paid like $20 for a three-pack 10 years ago or something.

Was taught to be quiet if I didn't have anything nice to say.....so here goes....

Always great to see a Godin!

And I can appreciate trying to find a color that would blend the fret wrap in a bit more...but I think a black one would look fine on this guitar.

(That said, what do we think about fret wraps? This thread made me dig mine out and try it again....Maybe it's more beneficial on some guitars than others, but it made literally no perceptible diff. I ain't a tapper, so I don't need it for that.)

Back