New Metallica for everyone to hate on!

I chuckled at 5:42, during the solo because it sounded very similar to another Kirk Hammett solo riff. I can't quite put my finger on which one though.
Sounds vaguely Creeping Death-y. Or like Creeping Death like intentions :unsure:

I think I liked this one the least amount so far. The guitar tones they chose sadly don't do much for me. Their Kill'em all sound would have done wonders on this track.

I dig this new stuff and the last album as well. My era is No Life Till Leather (love the rawness of the music, did not care for the singing) thru AJFA

That’s all I gotta say about that…
drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

I think I liked this one the least amount so far. The guitar tones they chose sadly don't do much for me. Their Kill'em all sound would have done wonders on this track.

Feeling this with you. Gave me a bit of the JT Mehs for some reason. :idk

I chuckled at 5:42, during the solo because it sounded very similar to another Kirk Hammett solo riff. I can't quite put my finger on which one though.

The problem with Kirk solos, lately, is that they seems to be interchangeable. He just plays a bunch of notes with Hammett's style and that's it.

The song is not bad. Not great but enjoyable.

New song to talk about:

I was surprised to actually kinda like this song. Sure, it has awful guitar tones and is needlessly repetitive in spots, but it didn't make me click away like the majority of their output in the Youtube era.

Now, I bought Ride The Lightning the week it came out and MoP the day it came out and was a total Metallica Superfan back then, so #jaded. But, this is decent enough.

Really feel like they should just try and do a Black album part two at this stage, instead of pretending guys pushing 60 can play thrash with the same intensity that 20 somethings can... Paul Baloff would crush Lars if he saw the 2023 version of him in the pit.

Hahahaha getting a kick out of the same people who were trashing Metallica’s live sound for the last decade now saying “Sh*t, those Fractals sound better on Kimmel than the real amps do on the album!” :rofl

I’ve been saying the whole time people got on the “Now they use an AxeFX live their tone sucks”…..they’re EQ’ing that sh*t for f*cking stadiums, dude. The AFJA tone ain’t gonna work in a stadium the same way less gain/more mids will.

Back