New Majesty Colors Just Dropped!

Randy get an exception for gold?

a7e0aa3c8f4c3d03e1d9ba93681bc1c7.jpg
I loath gold hardware. It’s pretty, but I think it looks like shit once it begins to show wear.

It's ok either way. A Majesty isn't for everyone.

I was very 'meh' about them until I finally saw one in person and realized how small it is. There should be a rule that they are only photographed next to other guitars, and it would prevent this kind of shit. :grin

That's what scares the bejeezus out of me. :unsure: I am not into the F1 body style
and modern look to begin with, and then being 6'3" tall I know I'd look like a total
dork with a Majesty strapped on. :facepalm

Not that looking like a dork has ever stopped me before. :LOL:

No doubt they are great guitars and ooze mojo, magic, and majesty. :chef

Just like when I first heard Dream Theater and was, Meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , the first time I played a Majesty, I too thought it was quite small, and it did nothing for me.

Now, I'm the complete opposite. On both. (yeah, yeah, whatever.)

One thing I hear about the shape, is the length of the upper horn. Really though, what's going on is the material that has been removed right up to the 22nd fret, where you can get your thumb to be able to access anything up in that area. (It does make that horn appear unusually long.) And even though on most any song, that's still going to be rare, it does make playing anything else on those high frets so much easier.

The way I feel about the Majesty is, hey, if you don't like the look, ok. It ain't for everyone. But if you play any difficult music, at least give one an honest try before you write it off. They are SO easy to play!

I thought they looked stupid when I first saw them, it wasn’t until I walked into Sam Ash and got to see a 3D view of one and it was an immediate “Ohhhhhh I bet that fucking plays great!” and I’ve still yet to play one! I can’t even remember if I’ve played an actual EBMM Petrucci at all yet? I don’t think I have, just a bunch of shitty Sterlings.

I thought they looked stupid when I first saw them, it wasn’t until I walked into Sam Ash and got to see a 3D view of one and it was an immediate “Ohhhhhh I bet that fucking plays great!” and I’ve still yet to play one! I can’t even remember if I’ve played an actual EBMM Petrucci at all yet? I don’t think I have, just a bunch of shitty Sterlings.
I've never played one either. I always liked the early gen body shape the most but the shovel and other mods look cool too.

I always liked the early gen body shape the most but the shovel and other mods look cool too.

The original JP6 style was my favorite cosmetically of the three I owned but the Majesty was more versatile and ergonomic.
Didn't bond with the JP15 for a number of reasons.

First time playing the Majesty felt kinda like the first time driving a 5 liter Mustang.

GO FAST!!!!

I've never played one either. I always liked the early gen body shape the most but the shovel and other mods look cool too.

Hahah now that the Majesty exists the older models look kinda dull to me. I was never a big fan to begin with, mostly because seeing him go from the Ibanez JPM to something that looked like a half-completed Strat in Autocad was weird to me.

I just found these while looking for pics of his first EBMM, he sold these in the early 00’s.

IMG_0147.png

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

That last one is the Desert Camo JPM that he recorded “Home” with, it was the last one Ibanez made for him and there’s 3 notable features that differed from the previous JPM’s but made their way into the EBMM’s; no Floyd, piezo bridge and a straight headstock.

And the swirl would have been a Universe prototype/test color as they never made a run of that swirl, but that’s very clearly a modded Universe. You can see the 5-way slot and missing middle pickup. And the whole Universe on the headstock bit.
IMG_0160.jpeg

Always liked this color mix the best. This is the one he'd use in all the ads.

original.jpg

Funny thing about that graphic was that it was never a “Hey I have an idea for a cool finish” thing from Petrucci, Ibanez sent him a few guitars to try out, several being USA Customs with one having the Picasso graphic. This one, actually.

He liked that one the most and just ran with the graphic because it helped it stand apart from regular RG’s.

Back