Blue Silk
1718319575627.png
Amaranth
1718319594315.png
Her Majesty's Request
1718319622090.png
Black Frosting
1718319641096.png

My choice would be the Blue Ink, but in a Tiger Eye like what's on the headstock, and with the non-gloss finish, like on the non-BFR's. And get rid of those gold PU screws. Either all black, or all chrome.

But that Gravity Green is calling my name, just the way it is. Whew! :chef

And I looked at several of the music store postings on Reverb, and Idk WHY Ernie Ball can't get their act together with the inconsistencies of string-centering on the necks!! "The art of perfection" indeed.

Oh wait, I had that wrong. It's, "Designed to perfection", just not executed. Ohkay.

And the other thing I notice on the full Maple top models, is the top doesn't cover the entire body. On some, the paint fade covers that line where the top ends, but not on all of them. And on the ones it doesn't, it just looks bad.

I mean, I really, really love these guitars, but their QC is about an 8.5/10, overall, imo. Some examples are 10/10 for sure, but the inconsistency I see, is bad.

But I just don't know of any other guitar that has this combination of things I like: Mainly, the playability, with completely unobstructed upper-fret access, that sounds as fantastic as they do, with the ergonomics, Piezo, coil tap, push-push boost, and the look they have.

Hopefully the "Her Majesty's Request" is a bad photo job, otherwise - I DO NOT LIKE IT. My white Sabre's finish looks wayyyy better.
From what I’ve seen, it’s a pearlescent white but with some of that color shifting going on. Similar to the Fender H.E.R. Signature, but more subtle.

It's ok either way. A Majesty isn't for everyone.

I was very 'meh' about them until I finally saw one in person and realized how small it is. There should be a rule that they are only photographed next to other guitars, and it would prevent this kind of shit. :grin

Back