New Jazz Chorus day

I saw Caspian and And So I Watch You From Afar earlier tonight

Both of ASIWYFA’s guitar players were running jazz chori. Sounded huge and glorious :love

I saw Caspian and And So I Watch You From Afar earlier tonight

Both of ASIWYFA’s guitar players were running jazz chori. Sounded huge and glorious :love

Were they just straight JC’s or pairing it with another amp?

Did you see their pedalboards by chance? :ROFLMAO:

Were they just straight JC’s or pairing it with another amp?

Did you see their pedalboards by chance? :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure just the JCs. There was an orange half stack and 2 fender combos on stage as well, but those belonged to Caspian's 3 guitarists

Did not see the pedalboards unfortunately but whatever dirt pedals they were using were crushing. Most recent pedalboard rundown I can find is from 2015 and not a lot of dirt on those boards, so I'm guessing its been changed up, it seemed they were running oranges at that time. I wonder if the JCs were rentals for touring the US? Loud AF. Caspian played after and sounded almost quiet in comparison.

Lot's of fender love ASIWYF was playing a few different fenders and a reverend. Caspian's trio was rocking a tele, mustang, and jazzmaster

Pretty sure just the JCs. There was an orange half stack and 2 fender combos on stage as well, but those belonged to Caspian's 3 guitarists

Did not see the pedalboards unfortunately but whatever dirt pedals they were using were crushing. Most recent pedalboard rundown I can find is from 2015 and not a lot of dirt on those boards, so I'm guessing its been changed up, it seemed they were running oranges at that time. I wonder if the JCs were rentals for touring the US? Loud AF. Caspian played after and sounded almost quiet in comparison.

Lot's of fender love ASIWYF was playing a few different fenders and a reverend. Caspian's trio was rocking a tele, mustang, and jazzmaster

Yeah at one point they actually used Orange Super Crushes which I thought was badass.

I’d love to know what OD’s they were using, I’m still experimenting to find the drives to hit the JC with for crunchy stuff. The clean to cleanish stuff is ridiculously good obviously, but JC’s are finicky trying to pull gained up tones. I’m about halfway through the FAS drives and so far the Crowder Hot Cake drive (or whatever it’s called) works the best.

Yeah at one point they actually used Orange Super Crushes which I thought was badass.

I’d love to know what OD’s they were using, I’m still experimenting to find the drives to hit the JC with for crunchy stuff. The clean to cleanish stuff is ridiculously good obviously, but JC’s are finicky trying to pull gained up tones. I’m about halfway through the FAS drives and so far the Crowder Hot Cake drive (or whatever it’s called) works the best.

Tried to zoom in on this picture posted in May. Who knows if these boards match what they’re running on this tour, not that I can personally make a damn thing out anyway :LOL:

38B41E43-2B3B-4FCF-AFC8-F052106C97C3.jpeg

E894A45B-5005-47E3-B0F8-CB07FBFD0526.jpeg

How well does helix do the jazz chorus? I have never played a real one but I love it in my hx stomp. I have it set up with hot springs and stereo 70s chorus into dual panned cabs. Dhyana drive sounds awesome in front of it, so maybe a zen drive would be a good fit in the real world?

Any insight into the order of effects in a real JC and how to properly set it up in helix would be appreciated. True or classic stereo on the chorus? Chorus before or after reverb?

I would love to try the real thing. Love Adrian Belew’s King Crimson JC tone.

How well does helix do the jazz chorus? I have never played a real one but I love it in my hx stomp. I have it set up with hot springs and stereo 70s chorus into dual panned cabs. Dhyana drive sounds awesome in front of it, so maybe a zen drive would be a good fit in the real world?

Any insight into the order of effects in a real JC and how to properly set it up in helix would be appreciated. True or classic stereo on the chorus? Chorus before or after reverb?

I would love to try the real thing. Love Adrian Belew’s King Crimson JC tone.

I’ll try a zen drive model today. (y)

It’s my understanding that the Boss CE-1 chorus pedal is identical to the chorus circuit in the JC, but I think the magic in the JC is that one speaker is completely dry while the other is fully wet, and then it mixes gloriously. You’d probably need to setup stereo patch and to experiment a little with some parallel effect routing after the amp block.

I love the JCs so much. I've got a 22 and a 40, and every now and then, I get the urge to pick up the original 120. Haven't done it yet. Enjoy!

Back