New cab day

I haven’t plugged my EVH into my C90 cab yet, I’ll give that a shot this weekend. That cab (C90) has soooooooo many mids in it that I’m really curious how it’s going to compare to the EVH. So far, I’ve loved every amp coming out of the EVH cab, but that is not the same thing for the Mesa cab.

I haven’t plugged my EVH into my C90 cab yet, I’ll give that a shot this weekend. That cab (C90) has soooooooo many mids in it that I’m really curious how it’s going to compare to the EVH. So far, I’ve loved every amp coming out of the EVH cab, but that is not the same thing for the Mesa cab.

What C90 cab do you have?

The main difference I noticed off the bat in that brief play through was mostly the lowend. I usually have my resonance knob running pretty high, and my immediate thought was "I need to turn that down" :LOL:

I feel like the 5153 is one of the more speaker agreeable amps out there. Seems like no matter what you put it through it still sounds fucking awesome lol

I do really love the EVH cab though. I'll have to see what the mark IV sounds like through it one of these days

Interesting. I guess MB doesn't offer a 23" Thiele enclosure. In the first picture you posted it looks like the speaker is slightly offset to the left, like a Thiele cab, but the right side screw placement for the speaker grill would fall within the front port opening.

Regardless, great cab and a fine looking mini stack.

:beer
If I’m correct “Thiele” is a reference to a guy that came up with a formula to design/size cabs. So the dimensions have to be specific…else it’s no longer a “Thiele”

Back