NCD: Mojotone British 4x10 "Ace Mix" cab

IMO, they have a bit faster response, a wonderfully dynamic midrange and punchy bottom end.
💯
I've yet to to try the Gold but has definitely been on my radar for years.
I've fallen in love with combining alnico and ceramics purely by accident after I got the Weber Z-Matcher which allowed me to safely combine my 4 Ohm Blackbird 2x12 with my 8 Ohm Creamback 2x12. I'm happy that the "Ace" mix 4x10 lets me use an alnico/ceramic combo in a single compact cabinet.

💯

I've fallen in love with combining alnico and ceramics purely by accident after I got the Weber Z-Matcher which allowed me to safely combine my 4 Ohm Blackbird 2x12 with my 8 Ohm Creamback 2x12. I'm happy that the "Ace" mix 4x10 lets me use an alnico/ceramic combo in a single compact cabinet.
Now I'm craving a 4x10. :rofl

Have you had a chance to try the Blackbird 10"? Another one I've been curious about.

No experience with the 10" Blackbird, so stop talking about it.

I don't need another cab.
I don't need another cab.
:rofl

Sorry Watch Out GIF by Laff

Spent a few very enjoyable hours playing my Ceriatone through the Ace mix Mojotone last night. For reference, I usually play the Ceriatone through a couple of oversized 2x12 cabs (Creambacks & Blackbirds).

First thing I notice is how tight and mid -focused the 4x10 sound compared to the pair of 2x12 cabs. The crackle and sparkle was very similar, but the 4x10 lacked the depth and push to which I was accustomed. That makes perfect sense considering the pure physics of the enclosure sizes and combination of alnicos & ceramics.

Then I redialed the KK50 for the Mojotone and immediately lost myself in a wall of meaty, harmonically complex mids over a punchy thumping bottom end I could feel from the front of my chest through to my spine. Oh so good!

Kicking on the fuzz was like running with pack of howling & growling wolves. Satisfying and unsettling at the same time. Again, oh so good.

Cranking the gain and ripping single note lines did not disappoint. Inspiring to say the least.

I'm looking forward to plugging in with the Mark VII, Badlander, JVM, Triaxis/2:90, Fillmore, and OR15H. It's going to be a busy weekend.
The thing about 4x10s is that because they don't have the excess low end that 4x12s have, you have way more leeway in how you set up the low end, and it's much harder to make it become too bassy. The mids to my ears also sit just a little bit higher so they cut through nicely.

It's a shame that 10" speakers are so underrated for guitar outside of the Fender Super Reverb. Everyone knows that sounds freakin' awesome but somehow people still don't want 4x10s with other speakers because nobody famous used them...

Did the cab come with a wiring harness and screws to mount the speakers, or did you have to order them separately?
It came with all if the screws and the input jack was pre-soldered to a pair.of twisted wires with terminal clips that fit snuggly onto the speaker terminals.

It also included 3 additional pairs of twisted wires with appropriately sized terminal clips on one end, but with smaller terminal clips on the opposite end that did not fit with anything in the cab. I simply cut the terminals off and cut the wire to length, soldering all other connections.

It came with all if the screws and the input jack was pre-soldered to a pair.of twisted wires with terminal clips that fit snuggly onto the speaker terminals.

It also included 3 additional pairs of twisted wires with appropriately sized terminal clips on one end, but with smaller terminal clips on the opposite end that did not fit with anything in the cab. I simply cut the terminals off and cut the wire to length, soldering all other connections.

Cool! I just ordered the 4x12 British Lite cabinet and had a momentary panic over the wiring.

My 4X10 Fiends!!
I’ve been playing this cabinet incesssantly.
I cannot believe how punchy it is and stats
tight for a 4X10.
Like as tight as a killer 2X12.
Not dolphins butthole tight-a fiber of smidge when
you need it.
It has a 3 piece back piece for the open cabinet
mixtures.
Man, Zilla’s on it with the pull-tabs for removing the back middle section on the fly.
-Hell Yeah!

I went with Fender black/silver grill cloth to match
the modded twin reverb amp.
Which was a bitch of decision because I’m a diehard large check dude.
But the carpet needs to match the drapes💯
The rhythm sound is so killer, different in a very inspiring way then ceramic speakers ooze.
It’s those damn Alnico’s dudes!
But the lead sound is on another level.
The pimp hand is strong💪.
I’m super stoked. Tw, you better believe I had Zilla mount the caster’s!!
The cabinet weighs 58 lbs and is made of pine.
-Maybe that’s what’s behind the smothered in harmonics & juicy feels🤘🏻

Attachments

• IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3782.jpeg
    IMG_3782.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3790.jpeg
    IMG_3790.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6454.jpg
    IMG_6454.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 4
My 4X10 Fiends!!
I’ve been playing this cabinet incesssantly.
I cannot believe how punchy it is and stats
tight for a 4X10.
Like as tight as a killer 2X12.
Not dolphins butthole tight-a fiber of smidge when
you need it.
It has a 3 piece back piece for the open cabinet
mixtures.
Man, Zilla’s on it with the pull-tabs for removing the back middle section on the fly.
-Hell Yeah!

I went with Fender black/silver grill cloth to match
the modded twin reverb amp.
Which was a bitch of decision because I’m a diehard large check dude.
But the carpet needs to match the drapes💯
The rhythm sound is so killer, different in a very inspiring way then ceramic speakers ooze.
It’s those damn Alnico’s dudes!
But the lead sound is on another level.
The pimp hand is strong💪.
I’m super stoked. Tw, you better believe I had Zilla mount the caster’s!!
The cabinet weighs 58 lbs and is made of pine.
-Maybe that’s what’s behind the smothered in harmonics & juicy feels🤘🏻
Zilla stuff is amazing.

Back