NAD: Peavey Valveking MKII 100w

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Seemed like it took forever to get here. Spent a couple hours with it. Meh. Nothing bad, nothing great about it. The 25/5 watt switch and surprisingly good MSDI speaker out with built in speaker load are cool features that I wish every amp had. Eh I'm gonna throw an EQ in the loop and an OD in the front and see if it changes my mind at all. I mean 230 bucks is cheaper than a mid priced boutique pedal so there's that. May also see how well the clean channel does with OD/Dist pedals. I wouldnt call it a turd but it's definitely nothing fantastic in t's native state.

Oh the reverb is the absolute worst built in reverb I have ever experienced with an amp. It reminds me of the sound the Jetsons flying cars made when turned past 8 o'clock on the dial. just horrid.
If it's anything like the Peavey I played through in high school you can get a great exploding sound if you kick it. Made for a very fun rendition of 'For Those About to Rock'.

Incredulous Face GIF

Peavey has made some killer cheap tube amps---and there are still some deals out there. The VK is not one of them.

:sofa

:LOL:

The Ultra, Ultra Plus, Triumph, and XXX are all great in one way or another. Fuck, before Eddie passed you could get
5150s for $500-$600 all day long.

I had a Bravo that was a sweet little amp. Delta Blues, and the iconic Classic 30/50 are also groovy.

Peavey has made some killer cheap tube amps---and there are still some deals out there. The VK is not one of them.

:sofa

:LOL:

The Ultra, Ultra Plus, Triumph, and XXX are all great in one way or another. f**k, before Eddie passed you could get
5150s for $500-$600 all day long.

I had a Bravo that was a sweet little amp. Delta Blues, and the iconic Classic 30/50 are also groovy.
the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

The VK is one of the only amps in history, to actually make me angry. That gain channel. I don't know what they were thinking, or how they let it leave the design stage like that.

Back