NAD: Badlander 50 in the hizzouse!

6tayl8.gif

It's 45 days now? Huh. Used to be 30. Good to know. (y)
That’s what the sales guy told me, so I took his word for it. I won’t take that long to decide though. I’m pretty sure it’s a keeper from playing one at the Gibson Garage, so I just need some time to test all the functionality since it’s used.

@JiveTurkey - anything I should look for specifically? I think I recall you sending yours in for RMA repair?

So what’s the verdict is it killer or meh?
Doh. Haven’t plugged in yet. I’ve been working non-stop training clients and leading workshops morning, day, and night. Global company so nighttime is for the APAC teams.

Plan to crank it up tomorrow though!

OMG. What a week. I’m exhausted. And now I fly to Nashville tomorrow to help my daughter move into a new condo this weekend.

BUT - I just cranked up the Badlander for an hour. And it is BAD TO THE BONE! Wow. I’m loving it. All three channels are great. I thought the clean was cool, and then it got even cooler when I remembered to mess with the gain setting to make it a little hairy. I’ll probably live in crunch mode most of the time. But I was digging crush mode.

Cranked up some ZZ Top, AC/DC, Zeppelin, a little Ram Jam (my ebony LPC is named Black Betty, although I wasn’t playing her today), some weak-ass attempt at Metallica (I can’t downpick for shit but I’m working on it), some Whitesnake, and a great Sammy Hagar throwback with Heavy Metal!

Love the amp so far!!! Definitely a different beast than my Runt 20, so definitely a keeper, and glad to have both!

OMG. What a week. I’m exhausted. And now I fly to Nashville tomorrow to help my daughter move into a new condo this weekend.

BUT - I just cranked up the Badlander for an hour. And it is BAD TO THE BONE! Wow. I’m loving it. All three channels are great. I thought the clean was cool, and then it got even cooler when I remembered to mess with the gain setting to make it a little hairy. I’ll probably live in crunch mode most of the time. But I was digging crush mode.

Cranked up some ZZ Top, AC/DC, Zeppelin, a little Ram Jam (my ebony LPC is named Black Betty, although I wasn’t playing her today), some weak-ass attempt at Metallica (I can’t downpick for s**t but I’m working on it), some Whitesnake, and a great Sammy Hagar throwback with Heavy Metal!

Love the amp so far!!! Definitely a different beast than my Runt 20, so definitely a keeper, and glad to have both!
Nice! Glad you are digging it! It's a great amp \m/

Okay - sounded just as excellent this morning. Punchy, loud, articulate in the right ways…. And so many tonal options I’m still exploring.

Still need to check out the headphone output and XLR direct out…

Sweetness! Congrats. Now practice that down picking til you can trip hammer those riffs!

Back