My Taco is broken...

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Just pulled my Friedman Pink Taco out of storage and it's messed up big time. Opened it up and nothing looks cooked so I cleaned all the pots and jacks really well but no improvement. I am going to make a video of what it's doing but to describe it, the hum/buzz is almost as loud as the guitar signal and it does not change with volume or gain. Plugged direct in to return and same issue. swapped in a brand new set of power tubes and known good 12ax7's and no improvement. It also makes the guitar sound out of tune if that makes sense. I looked in the facebook Friedman groups and no help there. In all honesty if I remember right I think the hum/buzz started before I stuck it in the shed a few years ago.

I typically like to try and take care of issues myself but this one seems to be beyond what I can do. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I was going to sell it and put the funds towards a Splawn Quick Rod.

Freidman is supposedly great about getting back to you if you have an issue? I'd try contacting them first and see what they say.

Freidman is supposedly great about getting back to you if you have an issue? I'd try contacting them first and see what they say.
Cool. I didn't think of that because it's out of warranty but yeah maybe they will help me

Reactions: JT
thatswhatshesaidcarrell.jpg

You guys are slow to the punch this morning.

I agree to reach out to Dave. Could be something in the OT, since you replaced with all known good tubes, particularly P1 was my first guess.

Back