My recto is dead

megametal7

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Well,

Ive been having problems with my Recto. Last rehearsal it got really quite even tho i had master vol maxed out still could not hear jack shit... foot switch was popping between channel switching.....

I went to turn it on today and its dead.... No power .... took it to my mate electrician tech and said fuse was blown but he has to find out why it blew in the first place....

my frustration is reaching new level... at the moment everything seems to be going wrong in every aspect of my life...

I contacted shop who i got it from and they have to foot the repair bill in some ways ... ive only use amp maybe 10x???

:mad:

we shall se whats the problem...

Frustrated Head GIF

Last edited:
I didnt get anything from you bro... I thought you have abandoned me.,..

this was the video i made before it died ....

im usually told im an asshole for it, but this is why i have "tube amp anxiety", ive had enough of these situations happen now that every time i turn on my tube amps im waiting for that inevitable volume swell thats gonna lead to a loud pop followed that torturous descent into no volume and a non working amp. the techs around me are sketchy at best and i dont want to deal. hope its just a tube or something easy dude

:knitWTF, I replied to that message twice!!!!!

I’m seriously confused now!
Not sure what happened mate, maybe my inbox needs a tech too…:

I was waiting like a bride but got stood up :rofl:rofl

I thought you were angry with me and that why you didnt replay… I was hurt :knit

Anyway… im going to get shop to pay something towards this repairs…

Every time i say i never buy anything from these lot i keep going back like a crackhead… :bonk

Last edited:
Not sure what happened mate, maybe my inbox needs a tech too…:

I was waiting like a bride but got stood up :rofl:rofl

I thought you were angry with me and that why you didnt replay… I was hurt :knit

Anyway… in going to get shop to pay something towards this repairs…

Every time i say i never buy anything from these lot i keep going back like a crackhead… :bonk

Hahahaha I don’t think I could ever be mad at ya, bro.

Tubes shit the bed. The same thing happened to my Deluxe Reverb, I turned it on one day, a tube got really bright, fuse popped and it died. It was the rectifier tube. Of course, I didn’t figure that out until I replaced the power tubes first. The unfortunate thing about tube amp ownership is when ya gotta re-tube an amp….and Mesa’s aren’t exactly skimp with how many tubes they stick in one amp.

im usually told im an asshole for it, but this is why i have "tube amp anxiety", ive had enough of these situations happen now that every time i turn on my tube amps im waiting for that inevitable volume swell thats gonna lead to a loud pop followed that torturous descent into no volume and a non working amp. the techs around me are sketchy at best and i dont want to deal. hope its just a tube or something easy dude
Rightfully so, I had a SED 34 nearly napalm the entire board in a sick ass Rev F.
Whatever’s in that gamble.: is the lifeblood of
tube ampin’.
Be careful with JJ EL34L’s
The Reggie’ JJ EL-34’s always last longer &
sound good in a good EL-34 amplifier.

Ive got the amp back but I still think its not 100% ….. its working but it still has that “pop” sound when I switch channels…. I think needs new tubes…

Tech said there was some sort of fx loop mod on it and he undid it…. Now it should be as it would come out of the factory….According to him….

Im going to change tubes and see how it goes…

Question…

Whats the normal setting for Loop Active ?

Solo and Output at the moment I have maxed out… is this normal?
IMG_6290.jpeg

At the back these are the settings

IMG_6289.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6288.jpeg
    IMG_6288.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Ive got the amp back but I still think it’s not 100% ….. its working but it still has that “pop” sound when I switch channels…. I think needs new tubes…
a lot of amps do this, they’ll pop the first time you switch but after that they’ll be fine. Is it popping every time you change channels?

Reactions: JT
IDK if this applies to other rectos, but on my roadster, if you cycle through each channel while the amp is on standby it eliminates the popping

Yup. Sometimes you just need to discharge that electron buildup. I have FX pedals
that do the same. Can be more problematic in dry environments with low humidity
where static electricity can build up.

Does this Recto have the LDRs. Anyone know? I had a Mark III that had those and
one time I channel switched and it popped so much it blew out 2 12" speakers. :brick

Instant dead in the water.

I didn't know it blew the speakers. I assumed the amp went. So I used that Cab and hooked
up another Head to it and blew the tubes and the OT in it. :brick

Then I used a multimeter and discovered the speakers were toast! Expensive lesson. :LOL:

a lot of amps do this, they’ll pop the first time you switch but after that they’ll be fine. Is it popping every time you change channels?
I’ve had a couple permanent shotgun pop-off’s with a Roadster & a Dual Rec.
One of the CCV’s I had also fire in the holed it
when you engaged the solo boost.
-It’s a relay gone wild.
Component farts…

Back