My Impulse responses

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
A thread for my free impulse responses.

Egnater Tourmaster 4x12 with V30's. This is the cab I've been using as my primary cab since 2013. Holy shit balls, I didn't realise it had been a decade already! I really like this cab. On the face of it, there's nothing really all that special about it. It's a Marshall style cab, with Chinese V30's. But I'm really fond of it. It has just the right amount of fizz and cut to it.

These IR's are all done with an SM57, across the front of each speaker, right up against the grille cloth. There are 15 IR's from each speaker, starting at the right-side of the cone (position 15) to the centre of the speaker (positions 50+55) and across to the left-side of the speaker.

All four speakers were captured, giving a total of 60 IR's. They come in 48kHz non-time aligned and non-MPT WAV files, as well as Fractal UltraRes formats.

They were captured using the Axe FX III capture tool, and a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 200 amp. The WAV's were captured by resampling the UltraRes files in Reaper using Cab-Lab and the typical sine-tone sweep approach.

Enjoy!

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/uo8010dcva2k4tdo1t6py/h?dl=0&rlkey=elhlc89t8egjqlr7gwiuhp5zw

Just had a quick blast while my Mrs and the kid were playing in the back garden. Man these are chunky in a really good way. Thanks for sharing @Orvillain. I'll try and record something with them later

Very Nice Its def a Keeper
Thanks for sharing(y)
As i have mentioned many times before there sure is a lot of talent here on TGF
:chef

Last edited:
Here's a bunch more: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4dh8l3fzfi05ms/Final IRs.zip?dl=0

Same cab, but this time I'm using my dual rectifier as the poweramp, and then deconvolving to remove the poweramp colouration. This has Sennheiser 421 IR's as well.

No minimum phase transform, and no time-alignment and no phase adjustments. RAW IR's straight from the two mics. I've been mixing and matching them on my Axe FX III, they work really well tbh!

Marshall Mode Four 4x12, with K100 speakers.

421 and 57 files included.
1. I tried a couple of the V30 IRs up top and I like them. Good job!

2. These K100s will be very interesting given I have a MF cab loaded with the same speakers.

Egnater Tourmaster 4x12 with V30's.
So that's totally not something I'd play, not riffs I'd know or in my tuning or anything.... but that BLOODY SOUNDS LIKE MY CAB!

I think when you become intimately familar (oooo eeerrrr missus!) with something, it just kinda becomes your personal benchmark. I really really like this cab, even though by all accounts it's nothing special, and the Mesa OS crowd would probably just laugh at my small pee-pee. But I think it sounds killer.

I don't like speakers that sound too dark, which has been reinforced by watching the other John Browne's video on V30's.

Back