My cheapest Guitar

Does free count?
FB_IMG_1713305983625.jpg

I've thought about replacing the horrible PCB/snap-in wiring. It cuts out a fair bit. Would love to hear @Eagle's thoughts on these (Taylor SB-1)
I love the neck joint but hate the bridge. They should have tried to evolve them with experience instead of just giving up . The core guitar is good and you have the best one. The other models used too many non standard sizes parts. The pickups and bridge are basically not replaceable on the others but at least you can swap pickups.

Not my cheapest, But since the S's were getting some love, here is my 89 Fujigen 540. Still plays and sounds great after 35 years...

View attachment 21859
Was the neck replaced?

I've never seen one this year with oval fret markers... Only ever seen that on later years.

Looks great - I never owned a white one among the many I have and previously had.

Edit:

Looks like 1990 had the oval so maybe yours was a transition period product? I've seen that before like 88's with a blade selector which wasn't officially there until '89...

Was the neck replaced?

I've never seen one this year with oval fret markers... Only ever seen that on later years.

Looks great - I never owned a white one among the many I have and previously had.

Edit:

Looks like 1990 had the oval so maybe yours was a transition period product? I've seen that before like 88's with a blade selector which wasn't officially there until '89...
Nope. Only changes were pickups and the volume pot to add a push/pull for coil tapping.

The photo doesn't show it, but it's yellowed a bit as well. i think it looks better now then when I bought it new.

I have 4 S guitars, but only 2 from that era. the other is a metallic grey S LTD with the shark fin inlays. also in great shape, was my number 1 back in the day.

Damn I'm old... Carpe Diem you guys, it goes fast.

Thinking I'll drop a SD Quarter Pounder into the neck. Not sure how that will be to wire (can't coil tap, I think), but the screamin demon mini that's in there now is too weak compared to the Full Shred in the bridge.

I picked this one up from Amazon for $189 and it's somewhat decent.i've been on a tear with all the Proaudiostar b-stock indo squier teles (can never have too many teles IMHO lol), but this plays easier and sounds about the same as the Squiers. The roasted maple neck feels pretty good and adjusted to pretty flat I'm not getting any fret buzz (action set to about .040 inches on all strings) and the intonation is OK. The stainless steel frets needed a little buffing to get rid of the gritty feel out of the box. One thing I really appreciate is that the nut is cut so the strings don't fall off the neck on the E strings (setting up the squiers is a pain because the string spacing at the nut is almost the same as the neck width so it's a little tougher to keep the E strings from sliding off and catching under the edge of the frets). Most of the hardware is cheap but almost looks like standard parts might fit. Worst thing is that the string holes in the bridge plate are maddeningly small, so getting the new strings installed was annoying. I'll probably upgrade a few things when I next change strings, but it works better than expected. I bought it because it was green and cheap, and the relic job is a little cheezy but I just wanted a cheap beater that can be leaned in the corner.

Attachments

• 20240423_171851.jpg
    20240423_171851.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
All my guitars are cheap less than 1k apart from snakebyte…. Ive paid most for it out of all my guitars and its least played one… go figure….

I have very cheap guitar its strat copy but tuning is hell on it…. Weighs elephants dump after good feast…. I play that guitar time to time…

I forgot where i was going with this…. Its 3am im going to seep.

:bag

Last edited:
Back