Might've just went Full Dumbo™

Even on its own it's great for what it is. Hell I would have loved to have it as a kid for sure compared to the crate G40c I started with. As long as you realize its basically just a throw away type practice amp since it really isn't serviceable. I've got a couple custom celestion spec cabs I made for the f12-x200 and omg ..talk about freaking loud. They sound killer and take IRs extremely well. Got them paired with a class H rack amp. Have them separated about 15ft with a headrush 12" hanging above each of them for backing tracks/drum machine. A completely immersive stereo basement jam rig.
Yeah that sounds killer. I'd love to have a basement again especially in these hot melty months but most of my "Me" time for music is in the master bedroom through studio monitors 98% of the time. My wife just took the girls to see her mom for the day, leaving me with my son who also plays guitar, perfect time for some house-shaking. These days those opportunities are few and far between.

Before the kids my "me" time was through a 100w tube amp, a 4x12 and a 2x12.

I don't worship the Katana or pretend its anything other than microchips soldered into an MDF enclosure with a speaker. I do however like to pretend that it's a power amp/cab with some EQ. ;)

I got it to where I like how it sounds and shot an IR of that for FoH, IEMs

Oh, I have varying levels of “done for a while” :rofl

I’m done for a while meaning I’m going to chill on pedals and gigable amps for a while, but I consider the Waza amp a novelty item, like an E-bow or something that I’ll pick up at random. Though the Waza is like $400….so that’s a pricey novelty item.

Just returned the HRD, only money I spend on guitar sh*t for the next few weeks will be getting this Strat‘s new pickups/guts/bridge.

…..unless I see something really cool pop up. :bag
Those waza headphones are pretty neat. A buddy of mine is a long haul truck driver and he bought a pair. They are perfect for anyone in that situation, in an apartment, or with a baby. Seemed to have better tones out of the box compared to the katana 100 mk2 for whatever reason.

Those waza headphones are pretty neat. A buddy of mine is a long haul truck driver and he bought a pair. They are perfect for anyone in that situation, in an apartment, or with a baby. Seemed to have better tones out of the box compared to the katana 100 mk2 for whatever reason.
They are perfect for those applications. However I’m recently an “empty nester” on a big lot, so I’ve been just cranking amps. Wife doesn’t care. Neighbors can’t hear. Lol. So the headphones have sat unused for a while.

They are perfect for those applications. However I’m recently an “empty nester” on a big lot, so I’ve been just cranking amps. Wife doesn’t care. Neighbors can’t hear. Lol. So the headphones have sat unused for a while.
So another boss product thats good at collecting dust. Pretty much why I've never bought a pair myself. I prefer to move air and work on furthering my hearing loss 😂

My old digitech Gnx4 is even better at dust collection.

So another boss product thats good at collecting dust. Pretty much why I've never bought a pair myself. I prefer to move air and work on furthering my hearing loss 😂

My old digitech Gnx4 is even better at dust collection.
Pretty much yeah. I’ve never really loved headphone playing but while my girls were home with friends over or studying, etc, I needed to play quietly. Worked great for that.

Now that they are in college I really don’t need them. May consider selling them.

The Waza I’m talking about is the Air amp, the little 30 watt bastard with a built-in wireless system. It’s pretty damn cool, but they’ve got those mini Katana’s more like $150 or cheaper, so I’m having a hard time throwing down $400 for this thing. GC had one used for $250 a couple weeks ago, that’s actually how I ended up with the HRD, I went to grab the Air and walked out with a f*ckin’ Fender amp. :rofl

The Waza I’m talking about is the Air amp, the little 30 watt bastard with a built-in wireless system. It’s pretty damn cool, but they’ve got those mini Katana’s more like $150 or cheaper, so I’m having a hard time throwing down $400 for this thing. GC had one used for $250 a couple weeks ago, that’s actually how I ended up with the HRD, I went to grab the Air and walked out with a f*ckin’ Fender amp. :rofl
Some of those little mustangs sound pretty decent.

This is like one of sentences in which context is really important.

When my uncle was over my place a couple weeks ago my dad came over (they’re not brothers, but best friends and used to play in a band together). We were watching some documentary on a musician who was talking about having a kid and how their whole life changed after; my dad, plain as day, just goes “Ya, I could imagine how having a kid would be life changing.”

I look over at him and say “I’m f*cking sitting right here! I’m your kid. You had me 39 years ago.” :rofl

It was funny only because we came to terms years ago that we’re more buddies than we are father/son, specifically because he never had the ”life changing” reaction to me being born.

”Oh! I meant as a rockstar, not…uh…yeah…” :rofl

Some of those little mustangs sound pretty decent.

As long as it’s small enough I can bring on a dock where my buddy and I jam and try to pick up the chicks in his apartment complex, IDGAF what it is. :roflI dig his though, it’s a loud little bastard and all the bells and whistles with the app.

Yeah, the Mini and a cheapo Amazon dongle might be a good option. Katana Air money can damnear buy a Katana Artist on sale

Yeah that’s the Katana Air. No WAZA in the name. It’s decent for a patio amp to jam to streaming music!

Just got mine and it’s pretty killer. It does need a global EQ that works for Bluetooth streaming in addition to the amp tones.

Back