Might've just went Full Fendo™

Not A Vaaz But A LaaampTM

Happy Star Trek GIF

A ✨ MOD 4AB3C1B ✨ reverb tank arrived. I installed it immediately.

It has more of a vintage voicing. Richer, smoother, more mids with just a touch more drip and bite.

Lush! :chef

** tosses Golden Reverberator in the garbage **

Last edited:
I've wanted one of the 68 Custom PR's for a while. I tried one in a store a few years back and it sounded awesome. Actually I think it had a bum tube or something because it sounded killer at low volumes and never really got all that loud (like it was a 1 watt amp and not 12 or whatever).

So I already said that the PRRI sounds great to me without pedals, and I've been playing it like that so far; but tonight...

With the bias trem engaged + the RevivalDrive Compact, I had a fantastic (ballpark) 6G3 Brown Deluxe sound. So addictive. Wow.

I should have bought this amp 5 years ago 😭

Last edited:
I went through a couple amps a couple years ago and settled in a PRRI, stock, and loved it. If I were to own an a.p, it'd be that. You can hear just how much it's compressing even clean at home volumes just by how much louder the reverb gets relative to vase tone while leaving it at same knob setting and turning volume up. Great tremolo.

I think it's at its best with a 10" speaker, honestly.

Enjoy it!

You can hear just how much it's compressing even clean at home volumes just by how much louder the reverb gets relative to vase tone

Yes! Exactly that. That's one of the enjoyable things about the Princeton Reverb at "reasonable" volumes - the compression. I was using a Diamond Comp Jr with the Suhr Bella because it's got so much more power on tap with an SS rectifier, which means it's significantly stiffer at lower volumes.

With the PRRI, I've no need for the comp - it's got all that baked in to its core tone, but in a more nuanced way. Feels great to play (as you already know, of course!).

The bias tremolo is the aural equivalent of warm golden sunlight and sweet sweet honey.

Last edited:
Woop woop! Princeton Reverb stack!

10 inch? 12 inch?

Why not both?

Just having some fun tonight with the Fat Jimmy C1025 and C1270 that arrived today. They are both excellent speakers and allow me to finally turn up the treble.

The bright Jensen only allowed me to go to 3.5 on the treble knob. Now I can go to 5 and above. Sounds beautiful.

The large rubber feet I installed (got rid of the shallow metal glides) aid in the stacking over the lower cab's handle

princeton_stack.jpg

Last edited:

10 inch? 12 inch?

Why not both?

Just having some fun tonight with the Fat Jimmy C1025 and C1270 that arrived today. They are both excellent speakers and allow me to finally turn up the treble.

The bright Jensen only allowed me to go to 3.5 on the treble knob. Now I can go to 5 and above. Sounds beautiful.

View attachment 3160
Run your modeler into power amp and drive the 12" for some hybrid tube/digital stereo goodness.

10 inch? 12 inch?

Why not both?

View attachment 3160

Nice! I went and hung out with my buddy last night who has that Tweed Princeton with the 12" Cannabis Rex
in it, paired with an AC15. Sounds glorious!

@la szum I wish to make it known that with regard to our conversations elsewhere on this forum:

I _did_ use the low input (not pictured) for a while last night; but in the end, I settled into enjoying a bit of fattening from the RC, whilst simultaneously retaining some sparkle from the high input 🙂

I only rec'd to Drew to use/try the Lo Input on the DR because he was using them there high-octane preampy
EMG thing-a-ma-jigs. :LOL:

The other thing about the Lo Input is sometimes it allows you to drive/open up an amp a bit more at lower
volumes. I have a Vibrolux in my living room and I tend to use the Lo input on that because it gets a bit
drunk, obnoxious, and full of itself in a small room. "Why you talking so loud? We all hear you!" ;)

And some players never plug into the Lo Inputs---be it on Marshalls or Fenders.... or even Peaveys. Don't
even know what they can or can't do. Like having a Stove and never simmering anything. Boil that shit! :rofl

I’m going to have to give one of these a shot. There’s a 68’ Custom Deluxe Reverb for sale locally for $650 right now, I saw it and thought “WTF? Why can’t anyone put up a different amp with a killer price?!?!”

The sag aspect is what makes me interested the most cuz there ain’t none of that with this DRRI. @la szum not sure what the deal was with the really spiky sound the first time I tried it with the EMG’s, but it wasn’t there the 2nd time….might have been that treble knob cranked the first time. :ROFLMAO: I’ll record a clip later, I’m diggin’ on Ring Of Power now!

Sounds like a fun Sunday, Drew! :beer

That '68 CDR is a great price. :love :LOL:

I have the Vibrolux version of that Reissue series. Probably snag the Princeton '68 RI at
some point. Total sucker for the Silverfaces.

Back