Micro heads - Soldano, Friedman, Diezel and Bogner

KingsXJJ

Roadie
Everyone has seen these hit the market. Loads of fans and also detractors. Here’s my take after having tried all four.

Keepers: Friedman and Bogner
No way Jose: Diezel and Soldano

Disclaimer: I’ve had the first two in the real-deal heads. So I know whether they are close/usable. I haven’t had the other two full heads on hand. So, it may be that they do a good job of emulating tones that I just don’t like. Glad I tried them all to see what worked for me.

I run them through the same two 1x10 Boogie cabs I run my Mark 5:25 through… Creamback loaded closed-back.

Those power supplies are ugly but I'm intrigued especially from a glowing review from someone who knows what the bigger boys sound like. How loud do they get and what measure of resistance are your cabs?

My Ironheart refund comes through whenever the amp gets back to the seller and I'm left wondering if I even need a tube amp at this point.

There’s a Bogner local for $200 I was thinking about grabbing, I’m considering it even more now!
Hell, if I’d let you have mine for $100 bucks if you pay the shipping. I’ve only used it a handful of times.
B79B2336-E34B-43EE-AF30-81C5082988A8.jpeg

The way I see these is "just buy the pedal version and plug it into something actually good." If these didn't have those famous names on them, I don't think there would be much interest.

The way I see these is "just buy the pedal version and plug it into something actually good." If these didn't have those famous names on them, I don't think there would be much interest.
Great conversation pieces to have around and plug right in to highlight amp history with those unfamiliar.

Killer deal. Gofor it. I got mine on sale for twice that. Worth every penny.

These came out at $329. So, you could snag this and a Friedman on sale and have both for the cost early adopters paid for just one. Keep us posted!

I had a Bogner and really liked it. Definitely the most versatile of the bunch. But, when I got the SLO I stopped playing thru the Bogner and ended up selling it a few weeks ago. For what I normally play, the SLO beats the Bogner by far. But, if I wanted the ability to dial in a wide range of tones, I’d have kept that Bogner.

Just not interested in these at all to be honest. Seems like they're whacking generic designs into branded shells and upcharging for them.

Back