Matching Bias Amp tones in Helix?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I am able to duplicate, to the point where I can't ABX between them, Bias Amp 2 and Bias FX 2's 5153 amp with several different amp modeling plugins, both profiling and non profiling, but I am unable to do this with Helix and a few others.

I tried all the usual ways I do matching, tweaking by ear, match eqs of various types, impulses...

I find that with Helix and Overloud stuff, there's a certain "something" to the low mids in the distortion and, for lack of a better term, "hardness" that I just can't seem to get with these two.

Is there someone who thinks they could tackle making a match? I really want to understand WHY I am having trouble with this.

Because the Choptones metallica presets sound so similar between Bias and Helix, I really think its pilot error on my part, so I would really love to see how it could be done and what I'm doing wrong.

I could pay some to this cause.

I am able to duplicate, to the point where I can't ABX between them, Bias Amp 2 and Bias FX 2's 5153 amp with several different amp modeling plugins, both profiling and non profiling, but I am unable to do this with Helix and a few others.

I tried all the usual ways I do matching, tweaking by ear, match eqs of various types, impulses...

I find that with Helix and Overloud stuff, there's a certain "something" to the low mids in the distortion and, for lack of a better term, "hardness" that I just can't seem to get with these two.

Is there someone who thinks they could tackle making a match? I really want to understand WHY I am having trouble with this.

Because the Choptones metallica presets sound so similar between Bias and Helix, I really think its pilot error on my part, so I would really love to see how it could be done and what I'm doing wrong.

I could pay some to this cause.
Sorry, to clarify are you matching the other digital devices and helix to an actual 5153? I'm sure you know this but IRs can make a huge difference....also, does the helix have a true 5153? I feel like I've heard people say that they are shocked a true 5153 model is not in the helix lineup? Could be wrong....I know they have the Panama but not sure if that's a 1:1 5153

QC captures the Bias FX plugin perfectly, like revalver does.

The bias 5153 probably doesnt sound anything like a real one. The closest on the helix to me was the badonk

QC captures the Bias FX plugin perfectly, like revalver does.

The bias 5153 probably doesnt sound anything like a real one. The closest on the helix to me was the badonk
Yeah I never had luck with Bias tbh. And their marketing strategy is blah to me. Imo the Panama should be the closest given it's akin to a 5150

I dont think I like the real 5150, I'm just surprised that out of all the amp modellers I tried, Helix is tyhe only one I can't get to sound like BiasFX

Back