Marshall Amps Sold

MirrorProfiles

Shredder

Wow, didn't expect that. There's definitely a kind of old school mentality about Marshall (and my experiences with dealing with them) that I think will probably go now. Didnt expect a headphone company to be the one to take them on.

Sounds like more Marshall "lifestyle" products will be coming out in the future. Seems Zound was already the one making their Marshall branded headphones at least.

That said, the first gen Marshall Acton Bluetooth speaker we have has been a pretty solid, good looking product.

What this means for their guitar amps, I don't know. At this point they just don't seem to have good amp designers left to bring out the next generation of Marshalls.

Marshall hasn't put out anything particularly relevant since the JVM, just low power versions of their old amps and the lackluster Origin series.

Even their budget offerings are old - why would anyone get the CODE or MG series over something like a Boss Katana other than being enamoured with the Marshall brand name?

Yeah, a lot of kind of odd decisions from Marshall recently that are mostly about diversifying their product and brand. In a way they do offer something for everyone, despite not having really come up with anything original for a while.

You can get nice boutique HW stuff, 2203x, 1987x, Jubilee, JVM, JTM45 as well as great cheaper options like the studio series and DSL stuff. Part of me just thinks theyre like Gibson now where they wont really innovate or do much new. They have their record label, recording studio, corporate tie-ins, lifestyle products and all the stuff that goes around that

At this point they just don't seem to have good amp designers left to bring out the next generation of Marshalls.

Marshall hasn't put out anything particularly relevant since the JVM…

Bring back @santiall !

Hype Singing GIF by Dunfermline Athletic Football Club

mental how much cheaper Marshalls are in UK. Legit just buy a DSL over any of the mental price stuff, they’re great amps and do all the Marshall sounds you want.

Must work out cheaper to have a custom built plexi or 2203 if it’s a must, would probably end up with a nicer build and fancier parts too. I love a 2203 as much as anyone but they’re too meat and potatoes to command silly money. Same with 1960B’s, they’re the benchmark cab but there’s nothing fancy about them that warrants paying over £300 or so (used).

I can’t suspect they’ll be increasing production in the next 10 years. Probably move more to Vietnam where they can make them for less money, and more mini heads. Can’t imagine the youth of today is going to have much interest in a 100W non-MV plexi

Should we expect a price increase?

In the states their amps are ridiculously priced as-is. If they go any higher I’d have a hard time envisioning what the market is, unless they are just determined to extract the last few dollars they can from aging demographic before digital platforms consume them.

$1,800 for 20w amp is stupid.

In the states their amps are ridiculously priced as-is. If they go any higher I’d have a hard time envisioning what the market is, unless they are just determined to extract the last few dollars they can from aging demographic before digital platforms consume them.

$1,800 for 20w amp is stupid.

“Value pricing” = Paying for something you really can’t see

mental how much cheaper Marshalls are in UK. Legit just buy a DSL over any of the mental price stuff, they’re great amps and do all the Marshall sounds you want.

Must work out cheaper to have a custom built plexi or 2203 if it’s a must, would probably end up with a nicer build and fancier parts too. I love a 2203 as much as anyone but they’re too meat and potatoes to command silly money. Same with 1960B’s, they’re the benchmark cab but there’s nothing fancy about them that warrants paying over £300 or so (used).

Yup there's some proper bargains on Marshalls these days. My JVM cost me £450 and it was mint.

I've thought for a long time that the Marshall family must hate money. They've brought out some shocking shit in the last 10/15 years.

Back