Marshall Amps Sold

There's another layer to it. British manufacturering has been dying on its arse for decades. Many companies moving their operations out of the country to China, Vietnam, Indonesia, all the rest of it.

Which has a huge knock on effect on our country's GDP, gives China a lot more political power across the world, and all in all is a net negative.

I would really love it if companies like Marshall would just build the fucking things in the UK.
Brexit means Brexit ™

Theresa May GIF

Soooo…. I’m totally a country of origin snob but….

Seems like he got a defective product and since it’s brand new he should just return it :idk

(Mayve the reason I feel nonchalant is because the Vietnamese DSLs are objectively superior quality to the older UK made ones)
He also said that the newer one isn't as thick as the older ones and looks to be built cheaper. IMO, if you are paying the money for a RI, then you should get an RI with any original part that is still available on the market.

Putting cheap transformers on an Origin 50/20 I can understand, but a JCM800 RI should have as many original parts as specs.

I love Marshalls but… they need to do something new to attract new young bloods….

Nobody cares about clock radios and headphones….

They need to get their act straight otherwise they will be left behind.

Lots on new players play less and leas Marshalls and that will continue….

I hope they’ll bring something new and exiting Uk made with reasonable price. ) wishful thinking)

I love Marshalls but… they need to do something new to attract new young bloods….

Nobody cares about clock radios and headphones….

They need to get their act straight otherwise they will be left behind.

Lots on new players play less and leas Marshalls and that will continue….

I hope they’ll bring something new and exiting Uk made with reasonable price. ) wishful thinking)
I agree with you, BUT, there are probably a lot more T-shirt, clock radio, backpack wearing, headphone, and BT Speaker customers that want to look cool and not actually play guitar. The Marshall name is probably worth more in a marketing venture vs amp selling these days unfortunately.

There's another layer to it. British manufacturering has been dying on its arse for decades. Many companies moving their operations out of the country to China, Vietnam, Indonesia, all the rest of it.

Which has a huge knock on effect on our country's GDP, gives China a lot more political power across the world, and all in all is a net negative.

I would really love it if companies like Marshall would just build the fucking things in the UK.

Well, that's capitalism in a nutshell, nothing new (and quite onviously, it's the same everywhere in the world).

Just checked. Their 2021 revenue was 790 million and in 2022 it increased to 870, a 10% growth.

They weren't hurting sales wise.
Yeah, but that doesn't show profitability. We've had a lot of inflation lately too. Diesel fuel prices spiked not too long ago.

I'm not saying Marshall is right or wrong in their choices, just that every company is most likely more concerned with cost-savings these days.

Back