Looking for suggestions for VERY portable "FRFR" or PA

Well I just took my own advice. A pair of Genelec 8020D monitors arrived today.

I like 'em. So compact and cute! Sound sweet as well.

These monitors + small interface + M1 MacBook Air are my portable solution while my Neumann monitors and Axe-Fx are in transit across the Atlantic. Probably won't see those again until early June, so I'm super happy to have something like this to play in the meantime.

Why the need for a separate modeler and "FRFR" monitor? Any desktop amp would suit your Home volume need - i.e. Yamaha THR and the list goes on.

I've been kicking around ideas for a small portable rig as well. I've seen this Kustom powered PA speaker on the MF Stupid Deal several times, but don't know how well it would work. Have been tempted to grab one when they're like $79.

H74861000000000-00-500x500.jpg

I've been kicking around ideas for a small portable rig as well. I've seen this Kustom powered PA speaker on the MF Stupid Deal several times, but don't know how well it would work. Have been tempted to grab one when they're like $79.

H74861000000000-00-500x500.jpg
I've been eyeing the Powerwerks 50W PA (which is a copy/variant of this same PA speaker) and is available in EU as well unlike Kustom. Too bad that it's like 200-250€ over here mainland EU or 100€ from UK which will add up to the same amount after delivery and customs tax..

How about those Yamaha THR10 boxes? I know they have stereo AUX inputs - but the question is whether the AUX input is bound to some internal DSP, which could introduce latency? Has anybody tried?

Back