Looking for something to offer up here …

Went aes/digital and everything works great until it hits the Microsoft surface pro4 (USB).

No matter what I do somehow, Audacity (the freeware daw) is showing, and recording clipping at the … ??? sound card level/Inputs. Loudest material.

No signal correction (levels) prior to hitting the m$ft surface seems to help.

All lowering either the USB volume or any of the signal does is lower the overall levels into audacity which, doesn’t stop the clipping during recording.

Wondering if there’s a way to take the new M1 iPad Pro and get USB to it? Any notions there?

What does it take to push USB audio from the fractal into something the iPad can understand?

Solved the clipping issues. Jeepers.

Here is Gail Carpenter on a project 30 yrs ago, where I was the engineer recording their “come back” demo.

This was John and Gail Carpenter who had some claim in the 60s and 70s. By the time I met them they were working at the local Italian restaurant on the weekends.

I spent about a month with them, listening to opera. Really was kind of my big deep dive into that genre.

I get misty as she ends the piece ~1:50 on and love those half steps down. Amazing what someone can do; even in age.

Here is Gail Carpenter on a project 30 yrs ago, where I was the engineer recording their “come back” demo.

This was John and Gail Carpenter who had some claim in the 60s and 70s. By the time I met them they were working at the local Italian restaurant on the weekends.

I spent about a month with them, listening to opera. Really was kind of my big deep dive into that genre.

I get misty as she ends the piece ~1:50 on and love those half steps down. Amazing what someone can do; even in age.

Nbc Dude GIF by Superstore

That’s awesome man! Wow

Opera is not usually my bag but this sounds beautiful. Great work, Frets :chef

Opera is not usually my bag but this sounds beautiful. Great work, Frets :chef
You know… It wasn’t mine either until I did that gig.

20 years later, I tried to take my youngest son to a Wagner opera … the whole valkyrie thing… Ha ha ha lol… We had to leave about halfway through.

You know… It wasn’t mine either until I did that gig.

20 years later, I tried to take my youngest son to Wagner opera… Ha ha ha lol… We had to leave about halfway through.
I bet on the kids at the opera :rofl

I am a HUGE fan, genre aside; of watching vocalists track. It's super cool, especially when they have the cans on and all you can hear is their voice. Something about that is magical to me. I have only been there for rock/metal oriented sessions but I would love to see someone taking on the opera thing and blowing your mind in the process.

Back