Litany against G.A.S.

deepskyone

Groupie
I must not GAS.
GAS is the mind-killer.
GAS is the little-death that brings financial obliteration.
I will face my GAS.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the GAS has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain (together with the metric fuckton of gear that I have previously acquired).

P.S.: Anyone else hyped for Dune Part Two? :banana

I've read all the books and avoid anything to do with movies. Because they always ruin something in the movies.
Feel ya, the pictures in my mind are always better. I still like movie adaptions and remakes though because they can show the source material through a different lens and highlight new aspects which I find intriguing (unless its Star Wars or Star Trek through the lens of J.J. Abrams, in that case fuck that lens and fuck J.J.).

I liked the first Villeneuve Dune because it was visually gorgeus and slow-paced so you could really soak it all in. Captured the atmosphere of the universe quite well IMHO.

I liked the first Villeneuve Dune because it was visually gorgeus and slow-paced so you could really soak it all in. Captured the atmosphere of the universe quite well IMHO.

I agree. It is set and shot beautifully. Some of the acting on the other hand. :facepalm

Not a happy watch in the slightest but Villeneuve's Prisoners is excellent.

Loved the Villeneuve Dune, especially the music.

Unrelated to that, however, is this live version of Toto playing the Desert Theme they wrote for the David Lynch Dune film.
It's fucking awesome and I've watched this clip a billion times. :p It sounds huge in a live setting that is properly recorded!

Back