Line Out to 2nd Amp

Thanks - will let you guys know what happens - just want to know if it can be done and how it sounds

Another Option : Have a Vox Cambridge 15 (Solid state amp with an ECC83 tube in the preamp) - has an 8 ohm ext speaker jack. Is it safer to use this as the 2nd amp to the external speaker? If I do this, I'd be going from 8 ohm to 16 ohm - using a Solid state amp.

Champ Line Out > Countryman 85 D I (-20-db Pad) Line to mic level > Nobels ODR-1 Guitar Pedal > Vox Cambridge 15 > Ext spkr Alnico Blue (16 Ohm)

Last edited:
Thanks - will let you guys know what happens - just want to know if it can be done and how it sounds

Another Option : Have a Vox Cambridge 15 (Solid state amp with an ECC83 tube in the preamp) - has an 8 ohm ext speaker jack. Is it safer to use this as the 2nd amp to the external speaker? If I do this, I'd be going from 8 ohm to 16 ohm - using a Solid state amp.

Champ Line Out > Countryman 85 D I (-20-db Pad) Line to mic level > Nobels ODR-1 Guitar Pedal > Vox Cambridge 15 > Ext spkr Alnico Blue (16 Ohm)
Your overdrive pedal needs to be in front of everything, between your guitar and the Champ. Don't put an overdrive pedal after the line out.

Other than that, there's no need to use the Cambridge. Just go from the line out into the DI box( with the pad) and into the AC10 like I said in my previous post.

Back