Let’s talk strats (Pro vs Ultra vs ?)

There’s literally nothing wrong with dropping a grand on pickups, if that’s what floats your boat. I think it’s silly, but hey, it’s a “free” country.
I just think that A. there are diminishing returns, at a certain point and B. every player I admire just uses normal shit, so how would I possibly gain much?

There’s literally nothing wrong with dropping a grand on pickups, if that’s what floats your boat. I think it’s silly, but hey, it’s a “free” country.
I just think that A. there are diminishing returns, at a certain point and B. every player I admire just uses normal s**t, so how would I possibly gain much?

No one ever said it’s for everybody…

That always seems to be an assumption people make when other people like something.

No one ever said it’s for everybody…

That always seems to be an assumption people make when other people like something.
Never said you said that I said that you said it was for everybody. :)

Just making that clarification so I didn’t sound (as much) like a dick.

Never said you said that I said that you said it was for everybody. :)

Just making that clarification so I didn’t sound (as much) like a dick.

Didn’t say you did… lol

(Was just make an a larger point that seems awful common; not you necessarily) 👍

It’s funny to me to see other people assume that others value, what they value.

The people who do share values are usually called “friends”. 😉

Didn’t say you did… lol

(Was just make an a larger point that seems awful common; not you necessarily) 👍

It’s funny to me to see other people assume that others value, what they value.

The people who do share values are usually called “friends”. 😉
Like, pickup resistance values?

Vote Voting GIF by INTO ACTION

I was auditioning recordings of strat pickup demos over the weekend.

Now all the usual caveats apply, given that I was mostly watching compressed YouTube videos of mic'd up amps (or even Ox Boxed!) and of course that means that there's a lot of filtering and EQ changes going on as well as no "amp in the room"

BUT...

I was super annoyed with myself when I came to the conclusion that I liked the Ron Ellis pickups the most :rofl

GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It’s fine that you don’t appreciate strict quality control standards… lol

Hasn't got anything to do with that. A most excellent luthier in Hannover will handwire you any kind of customized pickup for around €200, even less in case it's nothing special.

Hasn't got anything to do with that. A most excellent luthier in Hannover will handwire you any kind of customized pickup for around €200, even less in case it's nothing special.

But does he have $100 million magnetic measuring machine at his disposal to check the accuracy of the pole magnets and their constituent elements?

Maybe if you learned a little bit about the man behind the pick ups, you would appreciate what’s actually happening.

But if you’ve never played one, or never like one… It won’t change my opinion one bit.

Again what I value, probably isn’t what you value… I think that’s been pretty clear in our mutual postings with each other.

You do you boo …

Do You Yes GIF by Rachael Ray Show

Just for my understanding, what kind of compression are we talking about? Audio or data compression?

Probably both. But it doesn't really matter.

I was being deliberately vague, because I only mentioned this to acknowledge that I could not really be hearing any of the pickups in a controlled way or as they would really sound if I had access to them in real life.

I just thought it was funny that I liked the one set of pickups that I didn't really want to like. Don't read too much into it!

Probably both. But it doesn't really matter.

Audio compression often is a thing with any onboard mic of whatever camcorders and mobiles.
Data compression (as used in MP3 and such) however likely isn't. YT is usually using 128kbps AAC files, which are usually refered to being sort of as good as 256kbps MP3 files, so for any guitar centric stuff, they should be very fine. Data reduction usually is only happening in those areas of the audio spectrum where typical ears won't notice - hence way above (or also below) the typical frequency range of any electric guitar.

Man, I really tried, but back on ignore you go. Bye again.

Back